9: Confrontation

Athena was out of words after she founds out Jax has PTSD

Athena was out of words after she founds out Jax has PTSD. She sat on the bed slowly while still holding the document. What she finds out wasn't sinking into her mind.

Despite that, she wasn't expecting that. She recalls something that might be one of the symptoms of PTSD. She notices Jax was always exhausted and lacked sleep, which she guesses was caused by his flashbacks and nightmares.

She also remembers how Jax got mad when she took the family picture, and she guessed maybe that was the cause of his PTSD. It's about his family. But what pops into Athena's mind is the question of where is Jax's family?

She held the documents and place them in a safe place. She took the family photo and place it just the same with the documents and other precious things. Then she called Dash to confirm something about the case of Jax.

***

Jax nodded as a response to Liam.

"Will you tell me what connections are between you and your friend who died that made you commit this crime?"

"He's no longer a friend. He's a family, and he's not the only one who left me. Two others died. Those two bodies found at the lake of Cremania are also my family that was killed"

"Can you tell me the name of this family of yours? I mean the gang name," Liam said as he played with his pen.

"We don't have one, because we aren't. People mistook us for a gang, which is not true. They are just protecting me."

"From whom?"

"Benjamin Wilson,"

The topic was getting intense and so Liam licked his lower lip as he leans closer to the table and squints his eyes as he glared at Jax.

"Tell me everything that you know about Benjamin Wilson"

"He's a criminal who wanted to kill me,"

"For what reason?"

Jax shrugged his shoulder as a response. Liam pursed his lips and leaned on his chair. "Tell me more," Liam ordered him.

***

Dash took his phone that keeps on vibrating and answered it.

"Can we meet up?" Athena said in a serious tone of her voice.

"Sure," Dash answered her and hangs the phone.

Dash and Athena met in a cafe. They were both just looking at each other, waiting for one another to speak.

"Dash". "Athena," together they spoke at the same time.

"You go first," Dash said as he sips on his drink, feeling the embarrassment.

"What I'm about to ask you is about the case of your uncle Benj," Athena said as she leans on the table.

"What about it?" Dash responded to her, while the straw was still in his mouth.