Special Chapter 2/2

The sun lit up the room. I gently open my eyes and saw the birds flying freely in the air. Freedom of their own.

I sat on my bed and close my eyes, thanking God for another blessing. And this day will be special, finally meeting my daughter for such a long time. I still have a lot of things to prepare for and bring good news to them.

I went to the bathroom to clean myself. Ace and Gordon woke up late. They stay up all night talking about what will they do if they'll be released soon. They seem very excited about it.

Right after I finish, Ace was standing right in front of the door waiting for me to go out while his towel was hanging on his shoulder and next to him was Gordon. With dark circles underneath their eyes, they look like exhausted lizards.

They didn't get enough sleep, but they didn't have any choice; they have to get up early to do our short cleaning session before we were given free time to interact with the visitors.

After they took a bath, we started cleaning our cells

"Dude! Your blanket stinks. What did you do with this?" Ace coughs between his word and tosses the blanket on Gordon's face, disgusted by it.

"What about this you jackass!" Gordon placed a magazine in front of him with women in bikinis almost showing their forbidden parts.

"Th-that's-oh, shut it, give it back! Before I break your neck," Ace steals the magazine out of Gordon's hands and inserted it in his pants.

Both of them look at me with suspicions in their eyes. "come on Jax, we know you have your dirty little secret too"

"H-huh?!"

Both of them hop on my bed and started searching for something that they could tease me, sniffing my pillow, blanket, and towel.

But they haven't found anything, "you can't find anything cause I don't have one" I chuckled as I look at them, desperate to find something.

"Nuh, boys always have their dirty secret" Gordon smiled like a creep as he continues to search for nothing.

"I give up! I guess our Jax is pure" Ace was panting and placed his hands on his hips. Breathing heavily, unlike Gordon, who's full of energy and keeps on searching.

"Ahuh! Found it!" He turns around and sniffs my sock. "This smells something different," he sneered while locking his gaze on me.

Oh shit!

After we cleaned our cell, we were assigned to clean the yard. Officers are monitoring us from time to time.

So there's no hour for slacking. Except for earlier.

Time seems to pass quickly. The three of us sat down on the floor. Getting exhausted from cleaning.

A foot appeared in front of me, and so I tilted my head and saw a man crossing his arms.

"Liam," I greeted.

"You must be so tired, huh?"

"I prefer exhausted"

He chuckled before he handed me a hand; I took his hand for support and stood up. "It's very sunny today, a great day to stay under the sun," he initiates a conversation.

We walk outside as he still keeps on questioning, "I heard your release soon"

"Yeah, and I can't wait to finally be with Athena" we continued walking, observing the other prisoners playing the court. Some were chilling in the grass, some were reading the bible.

"It was your daughter's birthday yesterday"

"Yup and I just prepare her birthday gift"

We sat on a bench and stared at the clouds, forming random things to think of. "Have you heard about the actual cause of the incident, right? Your aunt Darling"