Chapter 40

Youngjae

---

Youngjae stood in the middle of the hallway where Hoseok had accidentally bumped into him, flirted with him, then left him flustered as heck after kissing him on the cheek. His hands were shaking while trying to hold the bouquet of flowers for Hoseok, taking deep breaths to calm his rising nerves and racing heart. Youngjae closed his eyes briefly, shooting them open immediately at the sound of hurried footsteps reaching closer and closer to him.

His smile stretched from ear to ear at the sight of Hoseok running to him with all the happiness being shown in his deep brown eyes. Youngjae spread his arms out wide, flinching as Hoseok came close to the point of their chests colliding in a rush. He laughed loudly as Hoseok spun him around, pecking all over his face in the process to show how much he had missed him.

They stood in each other's embrace for a while until Youngjae broke their hug and took a step back with a deep breath. Hoseok tilted his head before letting out an 'ah' of understanding at what Youngjae was about to do.

"The floor is all yours, sunshine. Go ahead." Hoseok encouraged, taking Youngjae's hand in his own with a comforting smile, his thumb rubbing Youngjae's skin softly.

Squeezing Hoseok's hand to set himself at ease, Youngjae cleared his throat, maintaining eye contact with Hoseok. "I've liked you for a long time now, Hoseok, did you know that?" he asked, a serious expression painted on his face.

"I didn't know you felt that way about me until recently when you accidentally texted me." Hoseok replied, laughing to lessen up Youngjae's nerves. "Did you know I liked you back too?"

Unable to stay serious and confident, Youngjae felt his face turning redder at the thought of Hoseok crushing on him for a long period of time. Matter of fact, it felt weird for anyone to be crushing on him in any sort of way. He shook his head to answer Hoseok's question, looking down shyly to stare at his shoes rather than Hoseok's face.

Cupping Youngjae's face with his free hand, Hoseok gave a look of concern with a gently smile accompanied by it. "Hey," he trailed off, taking a step closer to Youngjae slowly, "I'm not going anywhere, Youngjae. I like you too much to disappear. I want to spend all my time with you and only you. I want to give my love to you and only you. You are all I want and need in this screwed up world, Youngjae."

Youngjae felt the tears welling up in his eyes and in an attempt to blink them away, two fell from either eye during Hoseok's confession. Sniffling softly, Youngjae rested his forehead against Hoseok's chest more tears falling from his eyes as Hoseok rubbed his back in soothing circles.

"You'll even love Coco too?"

Hoseok busted into a fit of laughter, pecking the top of Youngjae's head. "I'll love Coco too, Youngjae." Hoseok confirmed, taking Youngjae's chin between his fingers to bring the lips closer to connecting.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend, Hoseok?" Youngjae asked faintly, his breath hitching in his throat as their lips brushed against one another. "You make me feel safe."

"I'm all yours, Youngjae."

In a swift movement, Hoseok placed his hands onto Youngjae's waist, bringing him closer to finally crash their lips together in passionate and soft kiss. Both men's eyes fluttered shut, only the two of them existing in the moment. The butterflies erupted from their stomachs, all the feelings they shared for each other were now being expressed through one single kiss. Their moment was soon ruined by the cheering of six men, clapping and chanting their names.

"Get into it, Jae!" BamBam called out followed by a slap by Jinyoung on the back of Bam's head to shut him up.

The new couple pulled away from the kiss and turned to the group of smiles and joy for their friend's happiness. Youngjae had been there through their toughest times, seeing him this happy could almost make them all cry from Youngjae's final happily ever after.

Youngjae stepped out of Hoseok's hold, rushing over to Mark first to give him a big hug. The boys watched in shock as Mark slowly hugged back Youngjae before gripping him tightly, that is when the tears began falling from everyone as if it were a series of events. More arms began to surround Youngjae and Mark's hug and was finally completed by Hoseok's arms being the final embrace.

Who would of thought that a group chat of zero braincells could lead to love, friendship, and happiness? Choi Youngjae did and he was definitely going to brag about it to his future grandchildren.