Strange Behaviour

You woke up not by the voices of other students or the sunshine, but by feeling wet and cold.

It was still dark and you could still see the stars, so you figured it was very early in the morning.

Draco was still sleeping and had his arm lazily wrapped around your waist. His chest rising and falling slowly. You didn't want to stop cuddling or wake him up but you were extremely cold. You slowly turned to face him and lightly traced his jawline with your finger.

He slowly awoke and stirred stretching lazily before smiling at you and planting a soft kiss on your forehead. It didn't take long for him to notice it was practically still nighttime.

"It's still night time love, what's the matter?" He was holding you close and didn't seem to be cold at all. His breath smelled of mint when he spoke.

"Nothing, I'm just a bit cold that's all. I think some of the snow came farther in when we were sleeping." You voice was very tired and you slowly began to sit up, stretching with light yawns as you saw the snow indeed did come very close to you.

The snow was falling much heavier than earlier, with quite large flakes. 

Draco sat up next to you, sitting closely and watched the flakes fall as well before facing you.

"Well, if you're cold we could go back inside.....or we could stay and cuddle and watch the snow fall. Your choice love." His voice was groggy and he wore a slick expression on his face.

Maybe staying and cuddling wouldn't be so bad, after all cuddling would probably warm you up. 

You were still giddy over the fact that you and Draco were officially together now, even if nobody knew it yet. You were his and he was yours and that was all you needed to know.

Hermione and the group most likely wouldn't be the most ecstatic but you were happy and Hermione always expressed how much she valued your happiness.

It was the boys you were worried about. But you didn't want to focus on that. All you wanted to think about was Draco and you. 

You decided to stay and cuddle. Draco's head was resting in your lap as you ran your fingers through his hair. You two sat together like this for a few minutes, maintaining talk together about what happened before last night took place.

He would slip in a flirty joke every so often that made you blush wildly. 

While staring at a large snowflake that was slowly drifting down when you realized that today was Christmas Eve.

"Merlin, I forgot! Draco, today's Christmas Eve." Your tone sprang excitedly as you looked down at him. He suddenly sprang up from your lap and stood up. You stood up with him and gave him a very confused expression.

"I really- and I mean really want to stay here with you but you've just alerted me that I've got something to and not a lot of time to do it." His face showed that he didn't want to go but his tone sounded anxious.

Before you could ask for an explanation or get a word out he had walked over to the stairs in a rushed manner, you following behind him.

He turned around and pulled you in for a warm kiss. Every kiss he gave you carried the same passion as the last. He pulled away and gave you remorseful look before turning around and going down the spiral stairs.

You smiled and chuckled to yourself before going down the steps yourself.

You had to try and sneak back into the common room without alarming Hermione.