Chapter 1~ A Reunion

Kaede's POV
Darkness. That was all I could see. I couldn't move, I couldn't see, I couldn't even breathe. But then I opened my eyes. I was in a strange place, too strange to be real. I was so confused. I had no idea what was going on. But it didn't take long for me to remember. I was dead. I was executed for killing Rantaro. I had tried to kill the mastermind, but ended up killing Rantaro. I felt so ashamed of myself. How could I have been so stupid?

"Kaede?" My eyes widened upon hearing that. I know that voice all too well. "R..Rantaro?" I turned around to see the green haired boy smiling at me. "Kaede! It really is you!" I stared at him without saying anything. I felt tears building up and coming down. Without thinking, I ran up to Rantaro and held onto him. "I'm so sorry, Rantaro! I'm so so sorry!" I wept onto his shirt. "Kaede?" He muttered. "I can't believe that I actually killed you! I thought that I would kill the mastermind when I ended up killing you! I'm so stupid!"

"Hey Kaede, it's okay. It's not your fault." "Yes it is! I rolled the shot put ball down the vent and killed you! I killed you with my own two hands!" "You're wrong, Kaede. You didn't kill me, Tsumugi did." I immediately stopped crying and looked up at him. "Huh? What are you talking about?" "The shot put ball missed me. Tsumugi threw the shot put ball at me." I couldn't believe what I just heard. "So that means...." "She framed you. She was the mastermind." Rantaro finished.

I froze for a moment to process what I just heard. I immediately felt the tears rushing back to me and I just had to let it out, so that's what I did. After a while I finally calmed down and looked at Rantaro. "So what's going to happen now?" I asked. "I dunno. The killing game had only just started. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens." "Yeah. You're right." I looked away from Rantaro and made a silent prayer.

"Please Shuichi. Please survive and get everyone out of this killing game."