Chapter 8~ The Truth

Kaede's POV
I had planned to talk to Rantaro today, but he was no where to be seen. It's like he completely disappeared. We looked everywhere for him, but he didn't find him. We assumed that he stayed home today and gave up. I was now very worried about him. What is going on with him? I tried texting him, but he didn't respond to any of them. The school day ended and I was terrified. What if something happened to him? What if he....died...again?!

Just as that thought came to mind, I saw Rantaro running out of the school. I tried calling out to him, but he didn't listen to me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see tears coming out of his eyes. What is going on? I saw Kokichi walk out the school and I called to him. "Kokichi! I just saw Rantaro! He just ran out the school and I saw that he was crying!" Kokichi's eyes widened. "Don't tell me he..." he began. "He what?" "I know what's going on. Kaede, I have something to tell you." "Okay, go on."

"You see....Rantaro has feelings for you." I couldn't believe my ears! Rantaro has feelings for me? "He does?" "Yeah. He told me yesterday when I went to go look for him." So that explains why he's been acting very strange around me yesterday. But that doesn't explain why he's upset. "But...he thinks that you like Shuichi, so he's pretty devastated. I imagine that he avoided you guys because he didn't want to get in the way."

I felt so awful at what I just heard. He had feelings for me, but is upset because he thinks that I like Shuichi. What is wrong with me? How could I hurt his feelings like that? "I had no idea....I can't believe I've hurt him like that. But...he's got it wrong! I don't have any romantic feelings for Shuichi! I have feelings....for Rantaro." I admitted. "Is that so? You need to tell him that then." Kokichi responded. "What?" "You need to tell him that he's wrong and tell him your real feelings."

"But school just ended and I don't know where he is." "Do you have his number?" "Yeah?" "Then you should call him and ask him to meet you somewhere." "But I've tried texting him and he hasn't responded." "Just tell him that you want to talk to him and that he doesn't have to worry." Well, it's worth a shot. "Okay, I'll do it!" "That's the spirit, Kaede!" "Thank you for the advice, Kokichi! I'll see you later!" I waved to him and left the school.

I pulled out my phone and texted him. "Hey, Rantaro. I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm extremely worried about you. Could you please meet me at the park so we can talk? I promise everything will be okay." I sent the message and headed to the park. I sat on one of the benches and waited, slightly nervous.