Chapter 5~ A Crush

Rantaro's POV
I like Kaede? I couldn't even say those words without blushing. I guess it's true then. I like Kaede, more than a friend. That could definitely explain why I've been acting strange around her lately. But why? Why do I like Kaede? That question was answered in my dreams that night. Her bright blonde hair, beautiful smile, gentle voice, sweet and caring personality. I loved everything about her.

Unfortunately, my lovely dream was interrupted by the sound of my alarm. Time for another day of school. The whole time for me to walk to school, I couldn't stop thinking about my dream. I definitely like her, I had a dream about her for goodness sake! "Taro! Good morning!" I immediately snapped back to reality as soon as I heard that voice. "O..oh...Kaede! G..good morning!" I stuttered out.

"Are you okay? You're sweating." She asked. "N..no! I...I'm okay!" She felt my forehead and I began to blush like crazy. I could feel my heart beating out of control. I had no choice but to leave before I have a heart attack. "Rantaro? Where are you going?" I didn't listen to her. I speed walked all the way to my class. I was so embarrassed. I just made a fool out of myself like an idiot!

Kaede's POV
I couldn't stop thinking about Rantaro. I was worried about him. I've never seen him so shaken up before. Normally he's calm and chill, so it's strange to see him like this. I decided that I can talk to him about this at lunch.

Lunch arrived and Rantaro was nowhere to be seen. Everyone else was there except for him. "Has anyone seen Rantaro today?" I asked. "No. I haven't seen him since yesterday." Shuichi responded. "Why are you asking?" "It's just that....when I met up with him this morning, he got extremely nervous and ran away and I'm worried about him." "That's strange. It's unusual for him to act like that." said Kaito. Kokichi suddenly stood up. "I'll go look for him." He said. "You will, Kokichi?" Shuichi asked. "Yeah. I'll be back." He left without saying a word.