Chapter thirteen

3rd person POV

When the four ghosts come-to, they are back in the Hollywood Ghost Club, all wearing various outfits. Reggie is in a red suit, Alex is in a pink suit, Luke is in a navy suit, and Elizabeth was in a pink feathered dress, if you could even call it that, with a pink head piece, almost looking like a flamingo. Alex had a pair of drumsticks, Luke held his guitar, and Reggie had his base. 

"Sweet threads." Reggie told the magician, now standing in front of them. The magician was disinterested in what they had to say, filing his nails, glancing up at them every so often. 

"How.. how'd you know our sizes?" Alex stuttered out.

Elizabeth gave Alex a stern look, "That's your question?" To which, Alex shrugged. 

The magician finally spoke, "I know you boys, and girl, aren't my biggest fans. And an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming. But... I just put you in sweet threads, so humour me this one last pitch. Now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together?"

The friends looked at each other and the magician continued, "And believe me, everything you want," He looks to Alex, "including Willie, is here. And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you will feel with that audience," He step closer to Luke, fixing his suit, "will be like no other. I promise." 

The audience starts cheering and Caleb silences the friends, "Oh! Shh. Do you hear that? They're waiting for you." The four ghosts are hit with jolt, "That one looked like it hurt. Now, let me remind you, you don't know if playing the Orpheum is your unfinished business. Do you really have time to make that mistake?" He points to Liz, "Especially you. I suggest you accept my offer, because the clock is ticking."

The ghosts are hit with another jolt, Elizabeth falling onto Luke. Luke holds her close to him, glaring at the magician.

Caleb laughs once more, "Ouch! You know where to find me." The ghost are still recovering from being shocked and the music grows louder. 

The magician then, walks onto the stage and the song begins,

"You know you wanna take a chance and be a little bit bad
Ain't nothing quite like living on the edge so get ready to go
I'm chasing down a thrill, and lookin' fit to kill
So listen to the words a wise man said
He said, 'Covington, I got an offer that you can't refuse'"

Suddenly, Elizabeth feels a pull towards the stage, she grabs onto Luke's arm, trying to stay in place, but to no avail. The next thing she knows, she on stage dancing with the other dancers. She never learned the choreography, but it's like her body was taken over and she had no control of it. The boys stood there in shock. 

"You got nothing to lose, boys
Lose, lose, lose
You got nothing to lose, boys
Lose, lose, lose
You got nothing to lose

Welcome to my stage, boys

You know you want a little taste
Life's short, not a minute to waste
I'll take you higher than you've ever been
So come over and tell me how you'd like to begin

You got nothing to lose, boys
Lose, lose, lose
You got nothing to lose, boys
Lose, lose, lose
You got nothing to lose"

The drumstick that Alex is holding begin to twirl in his hand, Alex tries to stop it, but just can't seem to. He feels the pulling and he's suddenly on stage, playing to the beat. 

"Alex, show me what you've got"

Just as like Alex, and Liz, Reggie is pulled on stage, playing a riff on his base.

"Reggie, swing it, baby
Now Luke, yeah"