thirty: spoonful

══════════════════

══════════════════

December 31
Aira's

Every few hours for the past couple of days, a few interviewers would find ways to contact me asking to talk about the image of Jungkook and I that was unfortunately breaking the internet. It was spreading like wildfire to my absolute terror. Of course, I declined all requests to speak about it and I practically begged Jungkook to do the same through a desperate text message.

Adding to the pure... untidiness of my small world during that time, every single time I went online and got bombarded with the picture of us kissing, my heart rattled uncontrollably like a rabid animal locked in a cage. Memories of our night together flashed through my head without my consent. It was becoming harder to deny my feelings for him which I didn't like at all.

With the new year approaching, I never imagined myself to be in such a horrendous situation and yet there I was. Distracted by all the craze, I had almost forgotten that the day of the company vote was also approaching quickly. There was nothing left for me to do other than wait in anxiety.

Jimin checked in on me often, asking about the company votes. He seemed to be more interested in it that I did but I suppose he was just avoiding a conversation about Jungkook. We never spoke about my feelings for Jungkook again since it seemed to summon a tension.

What really annoyed me was that I felt a creeping guilt in the back of my mind for trying to keep Jungkook from becoming the president of the company.

It's not that he would be bad at it.

What was it again..?

"Hey! You little twerp! You've been ignoring your own mother's calls?!" mom screeched over the phone.

"Mom, I don't appreciate you yelling in my ear like that," I said calmly, walking out of the kitchen of my apartment with a bowl of oatmeal.

"Do you plan on not seeing your parents for the whole holiday season? Come over tonight! It's new year's eve! We always have dinner together on this day." she insisted.

I let out a breath that sounded slightly exasperated."I—"

"This is non negotiable. I'll see you tonight my lovely girl, okay? Love you honey bye bye!" she was quick to interrupt me before hanging up.

My shoulders sank as I placed the phone down on the couch. I heaved a sigh, stuffing my mouth with a spoonful of oatmeal, choosing to worry about the new year's eve dinner later.

And I did.

A couple hours flew by surprisingly quick and I was now sitting on the edge of my bed with a hunched back and a sweater in my hand. I wore a frown on my face.