Chapter 3

~Nick's POV~
   Gosh! I can't believe it's come to this! My little girl is all grown up now and working as an intern here at the crime lab. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday when I was watching her play high school volleyball and now she is a junior in college working as an intern here! It's crazy!
-Knock Knock-
-i look up to see the sheriff standing in the door-
Me - "hey conrad!"
Conrad Ecklie - "hey nick! I heard your new intern starts today??"
Me - "yes in fact she does! What brings you by today?"
Ecklie - "just wanted to come by and see how things are going, plus Greg wanted to talk to me about something."
Me - "well in that case things are good and Greg just headed towards one of the labs with JJ!"
Ecklie - "thanks Nick! I'll see you later!"
Me - "bye conrad!"
With that, Ecklie left in order to search for his son in law, while I continued to work on paperwork. However, about 20 minutes later, I heard the sound of glass breaking and a very loud and familiar scream coming from what sounded like the print lab. It was JJ's.. So i got up, grabbed my gun, and ran out the door.
  By the time I got there, Greg, Ecklie and the other lab technicians we're getting up off the floor. All, except for Greg and ecklie, had confused looks on their faces. When i saw the panic on Gregs face and no sign of JJ, i knew something was wrong.
Me - "Greg?? What happened? Where is JJ?"
   Although he heard my question he just stared at me with tears streaming down his face..
Me - "no...."
Greg - "it was crane....."

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!

Authors Note: so sorry for the wait everyone! Ive been a little busy lately! I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter!!