Arrival

Kristie had been in Japan for two years now. Her father's business opened a branch there, and after it's prosperity, he thought he ought to expand it as far as his wealth would allow, and Kristie had learned to love this country. She kept diligently soaking up customs and language, and until now had attended an english middle school. Kristie, now, however found herself walking around the vast campus of Ouran High School. Her father had insisted she attend Ouran, in order to make valuable connections for her and her family's future- but Ouran was not what she expected- at all.

She expected neutral colors and boring outfits, and for it to be like most any boarding school she had attended. But she found herself severely mistaken. Pink. This crazy school was pink, the girls drowned in yellow dresses, and boys sat nicely in tailored blue suits. She was gaping at it all from the north courtyard. There was nothing minimalist about this place. They had a hedge maze for goodness sake! She lent herself an inward smile, I think I'm going to like it here. She thought to herself. Her hands wishing for paints,or a pen or something to record how she saw the space, she thought it would do well as an impressionist painting- she wondered how it would look at sunrise. Would the colors glow more? Would the long shadows ruin it? She decided she ought to come early one day with a paint and easel- to record the light.

But for now she had to go to the office, she had to get a map to navigate the large school campus. Little did Kristie know that a pair of haunting eyes had seen her stop in the middle of the north courtyard. Kyoya Otori reported early to Ouran for his duties as class president of 2A. He let a light smile appear on his face as he watched her gaze in awe of the massive school. He made a quick note in his little black pad to see who it was, as he noticed her expression change. It was analytical- yet appreciative. Almost as if she was studying a piece of art. Which Kyoya soon brushed off. She must like architecture- perhaps her father owns a firm. He continued off to the classroom, notebook tight in hand.