//1//

//Chapter 1//

//Chapter 1//

The sound of fingers drumming softly against my desk but was only heard by my ears as I was seated in it, my classmates were busy having conversations with each other.

I looked out the window while I nervously waited for the science test results the class had done a week ago to be given out. 

I was never really good at science or geography but excelled in English. The teacher was headed towards me with a few sheets of paper stapled together. 

Oh, shi-

"Eurika, try studying your notes instead of doodling in my class." Mr. Graves handed me the test face down. The class snickered and they whispered upon themselves. 

"Alright class, settle down." Most of the class shut up. They took out their new, hardcover books and opened it to the required page. 'What did I get anyway?...' I looked up to check if the teacher was watching, then looked around. I flipped the test over quietly.

52%

Yup! A single sweat rolled down my face 

I'm screwed.

__________

I just wanted food in hopes to cheer myself up. So I decided to go to “That Burger Place,” a restaurant not far from school. I took off my uniform in the school bathroom before leaving. 

So instead, I was wearing my short-sleeved white shirt that had a large black horizontal line across my chest, a casual thin black jacket that had a hood tied around my waist, black jeans that had the slightly ripped style on the ends and knees. And finally, my white high up converse. 

As I walked by the booths and sat at a booth near a group of 3 older girls. They all seemed the same age, one had long blue hair, the girl next to her had light brown shoulder-length hair and the last girl had dark brown hair that went just past her shoulders.

I put my favorite black cap on and pulled out my book. I wanted to get some reading done before I eat, so I opened up to the unfinished chapter of "This is how I lied."

I was so into the book I didn't notice a familiar face, glancing at my direction as she questioned herself before looking back towards her friends 

"The poor guy!"

The voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to look at the booth with the girls. "You could have at least done it nicely!" At this point, my nosey ass wanted to listen to their conversation.

"Rejection is rejection. I make no exceptions."

"He was so cute too! Not to mention he's German!!"

"Why does it matter if he's German? He's still a person."

"Ughhhh!!!! You just don't get it! Imagine all those cute half, German babies!"