Chapter 2: The hooded man

Whits POV

I woke up the next day for my interview with the local newspaper. Though I couldn't get a sleep a wink last night. The thought of the hooded man had stayed on my thoughts. I never thought he would help around the city. I told Quin what had happened the night before and he started to freak out. 

"Are you okay? Did that hooded freak touch you?" Quin asked

"Uncle, he SAVED me from getting raped or worse killed. He is a hero if you asked me." I said when I sat down at the table. 

"Wait this guy SAVED you and yet he nearly threaten Adam Hunt?" Quin said. 

"What? Adam Hunt? Hes a jerk who feeds off the poor and treats them like crap! Why would that guy go after him?" I asked shocked. 

"I don't know but he does have a beef with your sister. She's fighting him to get money to help her clients. But your 'hero' is going to come back for him tomorrow. Say aren't you going to that welcome party for Queen?" Quin asked me. 

"I might, so i can punch him in the face and then go have a good time." I said smiling as I got up ad

"That atta girl. But remember if you do drink, feel free to ask me to come get you." Quin said. 

"No thanks Uncle. I dont want to be picked up in a cop car but I'll call a taxi if I have to. Hey Uncle, i'm going to bed I've had a long night but I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I said to him as I headed up to my room. 

"Right, night whitney." Quin said as I shut the door and got ready for bed. 

Now back up to speed, I took a shower and came down dressed to see Laurel looking over her notes. "Morning Whit, you okay? Father told me what had happen last night." Laurel said as she came over to check on me. 

"Yeah I"m fine just out of it and still getting over the shock. So how are things at the office?" I asked as I got myself a cup of coffee. 

"Ugh, don't tell me about it. Adam Hunt is being a huge jerk. Are you going to that party Tommy is throwing for Oliver?" Laurel asked me. 

"Yeah I might go so I can punch Oliver in the face and have a good time." I said with a big smile on my face. 

"That's my cousin, I saw Oliver today." Laurel said as she sat down at the table. "You did? How did he look?" I asked handing her a cup of coffee. 

"Like he didn't even seemed sorry for what he did to our sister. But I did say something horrible to him." Laurel said over her cup of coffee.

"What did you say to him?" I asked looking at her. "That I wish he had died on that ship instead of her. I didn't even consider his feelings about how he must of felt." Laurel said shaking her head. 

I was about to say something but then I shut my mouth. I knew she was right, as much as I want to hate Oliver, I couldn't help but stop to think if he blamed himself for her death.

   Later on that day, Quin came back shaking his head. "What is it Uncle?" I asked as I got my laptop ready to go to work.  "Ohh that Oliver and Tommy got kidnapped yesterday sometime before Adam Hunts insident." Quin said sitting down at the table. 

"Who would kidnap Oli? He just got home from being gone for five years." I said sipping my coffee and continued to work. 

"Yeah it's just weird. Well I'm going to talk to those two before getting ready  to guard Adam Hunt's place. Are you going to that party for Queen?" Quin asked as I nodded. "Yeah so I can have a good time before pouring myself into my work." I said as I finished up the paper and set my mug in the sink.