Chapter 8

Previously...

"It's not what I want, but I don't think I could see you after what you did. I think you should go." I whispered, another tear sliding down my face. He wiped it off my face and kissed the top of my head. His gestures were hard and forced, and I could tell he was very upset, but didn't want to scare me. I closed my eyes when he did. When I opened them, he was gone. I collapsed onto the floor in a pile of tears and shakes. I cried myself to sleep in that position.

Now...

I woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon, two of the most powerful forces. Its been three days since I last saw Donovan and I've been ignoring all his texts. I'm a total wreck. Alyssa has been hyping me up, bless her, but even she noticed things aren't the same. She's off with her girlfriend this weekend so it's just me and my mom. There's a soft sound of a plate and mug, and then the smell hits me. I open my eyes as my mom is about to shake me to wake me up. 

"Hey honey, I made breakfast and coffee, how are you feeling?" She says sitting at my feet. She's been taking care of me before work for the past few days. I haven't been able to sleep in my room since.., so I've been on the couch.

"Still a little woozy but better." I say sitting up.

"Gosh, I hope it gets better before your first day of school on Monday!" She says as I groan and throw myself back into my pillow.

"Ugh, don't remind me." I say from under my pillow. Mom chuckles and pats my leg.

"Come on lets get some food in you. By the way, your phone has been blowing up all morning. Who are you talking to?" She paused for dramatic effect, "A BOY??" She says with an ooooooh afterward. I giggle and lightly kick her.

"I am not! It's probably just Alyssa!" I sit back up and snatch my plate from the table and send her bullying sideway glances. We erupt into a fit of giggles.

"You have to work today?" I ask biting off a piece of bacon. She shakes her head.

"Nah I'm off today, on call, but off. I was thinking a girls day?" She said walking into the kitchen, coming with a plate and mug of her own. 

"I would love a girls day." I say tearing my bacon in to pieces on top of my eggs.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she says with a smile. 

1 hour and 30 minutes later...

*I've, had, the time of my life. No I never felt this way before, yes I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to you.*

"Hand me another tissue, please." My mom sniffles as Baby is dancing with Johnny for the last time. I hand her the last tissue in the box and use my sleeve to wipe under my eyes. As the movie comes to an end my moms phone rings.

"I'll be right back." She says shooting me an apologetic look. By the look she gave me it's her work. She walks into the kitchen as she picks up the phone. The house is silent as I turn off the movie and finish my sniffle fit. I finally pick up my phone and look at the messages. 

There's over twenty from Donovan asking me if I'm okay and he's sorry, and a few if he could see me. I don't reply and look for other messages. Alyssa texted me twice, one a picture of her and her girlfriend and another that says she misses me. In send a smiley emoji and close my phone as my mom comes back inside. 

"Hey kiddo, that was work." She says and I already know what she's gonna say before she says it. 

"It's okay mom. I understand." She nods and gives me a small smile before going to get dressed. As she comes out there's a knock at the door. I'm in the process of getting up to get the door when mom comes out.