the first date

I packed the last of the sandwiches into the basket and closed the lid. "But Hermione what if he doesn't like cheese?" I looked back over to the basket. "Everyone likes cheese, you're just nervous " she didn't look up from her book. She's probably right, should I make some other sandwiches instead? No, Hermione's right, she's always right. I went and sat on the chair opposite her. "Well?" I gestured at my outfit. Hermione finally took her nose out of her book, "your shoelace is undone, other than that you look nice" she smiled at me. I leaned down and tied up my vans shoelace then looked out of the window. At least the weather had turned out nice today. There was a soft knock on the door and Neville poked his head round. "Hi, are you ready?" he asked. I jumped up, "yes! I'll just go get the food." I smiled at him. Hermione gave my arm a squeeze as I walked past her, I hooked the basked onto my arm and skipped over the the door where Neville was waiting. "See you later Hermione!" I called back. "Bye love!" She shouted.

We walked through the castle chatting for a while, no destination in mind, we just wandered. "You look really pretty by the way" Neville blushed, "I like your dress". I glanced down and brushed my hands over the skirt, "It was my mum's" I looked back up to him, "Thank you". Whilst he walked he swung his hands quite a lot. I'm not sure if it's a Neville thing or if it's a nervous thing. I pushed my hair behind my ear and then dropped my hand to my side. As it fell it brushed against Neville's. He looked as if it startled him, he looked at me and smiled. I reached my hand out and took his, locking our fingers together. "Are you hungry?" I asked him. "I could eat" he smiled down at me. "I know a good spot." I picked up my pace and lead him down the path to the black lake.

There's a small clearing where the fairies live, surrounded by trees and rocks that is perfect for a picnic. I found it one night after me and Harry had an argument. I befriended the fairies and now they welcome me every time I need them. Neville laid the blanket down and I put the basket in the middle. "Wow, look at the view! How did you find this place?" Neville looked out at the lake. "I stumbled across it one night" I smiled at him. "There's some curious plants and mushrooms along the path a little. I was hoping you could tell me what they are later on." Neville's face lit up "Really? You're interested?" He beamed. "Of course" I smiled and sat on the blanket.

We ate what I had prepared (he did like the cheese) and drank butter beer whilst laughing away and learning everything about each other. Before we knew it the sun was setting and it was getting colder. "Here" Neville said as he placed his knitted cardigan round my shoulders. It was comically big on me and was longer than my dress. "Thank you" I giggled. We stared out into the sunset together and out of nowhere I heard the familiar sound of Sleep on the Floor by the Lumineers. I looked over to Neville who had his phone in hand "this is the right one?" He asked. "yeah" I said softly. My heart leapt up into my throat when he stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up and embraced me, his right hand on my waist and left clasping mine. I laid my hand on his shoulder and he started to sway me gently. We swayed back and forth and I laid my head on his chest. Suddenly he pushed my waist out and spun me round before pulling me back in even tighter. I looked up into his eyes and smiled. He leaned down and kissed me. His hands either side of my waist as mine fell around his neck. It was a passionate kiss, I'd never felt one quite like it. The song ended and he pulled away and softly smiled. "I love you Neville" I cupped his face with my hands. "I love you too El" He smiled back at me.