All Knowing Power

I slowly begin to awake as someone continues to shake me. I don’t know who it is, let alone what they’re doing. All I know is that I would really like them to stop…

“Knock it off,” I groan in protest, shifting to lay on my other side. I then feel something rumbling beneath me. It feels like an engine… I swiftly open my eyes and blink a few times, trying to get rid of the blurriness in my vision. As my vision starts to clear, I see a man leaning over me. He has blue eyes and is wearing a leather jacket. I would recognize that look from anywhere. It’s the Doctor’s ninth incarnation. I bounce to my feet and nearly topple over the Doctor from my dizziness. My vision is spinning and turns black around the edges from blood rush.

“Whoa, you alright?” He puts a hand on my shoulder.

I look up at him, “Yeah, I’m fine. Just had a rough landing, that’s all.”

He looks down at the vortex manipulator strapped to my wrist. “You use that to travel?”

“Yeah, it’s a vortex manipulator. Ever tried one?”

He shakes his head, “No, I don’t think I’d want to. I’ve heard of them though, the Time Agents using them,” he grimaces. “Could damage reality.”

I nod slightly and look around to find out where I’m at. I bite my lip, realizing I’m on Platform One. Oh God, I’m not going to have to go up against Cassandra, am I? I’m not scared, I just don’t want to deal with her and all the bitchiness.  

“What’s your name, then?” The Doctor asks, pulling me from my thoughts.

I smile, “Eleanor Archer.”

He smiles right back. “Well, Eleanor, I’m going to go mingle. Care to accompany me?” He holds out an arm for me to take.

I take his arm gladly, “Sure.”

We walk over to stand by the other aliens as Cassandra announces, “And here, another rarity. According to the archives, this was called an iPod. It stores classical music from humanity's greatest composers.” Two blue munchkins walk in to the large room with a jukebox.  “Play on!” Suddenly, the song ‘Tainted Love’ starts playing.

I notice Rose glancing around at all of the aliens, becoming overwhelmed. I quickly walk over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She snaps her head in my direction. “Hey, are you okay?” I ask, trying to mask my face in concern.

Rose nods, “Yeah, I’m fine, yeah,” she tries to give me a reassuring smile. I narrow my eyes at her knowingly. Her smile falters, “Er, well, no - not exactly, no. Sorry, I just need to, um…” She takes a couple steps forward, about to walk away.

I have to warn her.

Before she can walk any further, I call after her quietly, “Rose!” She turns around to face me again. “Stay away from the aliens in the black robes,” I tell her, face completely serious. She just stares at me for a moment, confused, but then nods again before walking away and disappearing around a corner.

Suddenly, I can hear someone singing. It’s faint, too quiet for me to understand the words. But, no, wait. Something seems different. I spin on the spot, looking around, my long, straight hair twirling into my vision. No one else seems to be noticing the singing.

I swear, I really need to stop imagining things.

The singing gets louder, and I can finally make out the lyrics.

“My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. And they’re like, it’s better than yours. Damn right, it’s better than yours.” The voice chuckles in my head. “No worries, Princess. It’s only me.”