Chapter 15

Hey guys! So sorry for the long wait, i had midterms and then musical as well which was stressfull. But here is a long chapter for you guys so i hope you enjoy it and please vote and comment your thoughts! I love y'all to pieces! xx ~Sarah 

“I think that we got a lot done on this so far if I may say so myself,” Jesse sighed with complete confidence as he ended off the sentence he was currently typing with a period. I frowned in confusion while staring at the screen in front of us before looking at him with a puzzled look.

“Jesse…. We’re only on our second slide,” I said sounding generally confused as I looked between him and the laptop screen. He rolled his eyes before pulling up a new slide so that we could start the third one as he rested his feet up on the grey coffee table in front of us.

“Well yes, but we just finished our second one,” he said with a grin making me raise my eyebrow at him before giggling and nudging him to which he did the same to me.

“Yes, but we have only done two slides and one of them was the title page….”

“Okay do you have to go and rain on my parade? I worked very hard on that second slide so the least you could do is appreciate it,” he said as he stared at the screen with a pout making me giggle and lean my head back against the couch, pulling my knees up to my chest. “How much longer until you have to leave?” Jesse asked as he pushed the laptop away so he could stretch his arms which made his shoulders crack. I scrunched my nose in disgust at the sounds of his shoulders cracking; I hate it when people do that. I sat up and reached for my phone that was on the coffee table so I could check the time since I too was curious.

“About an hour,” I said before throwing my phone back onto the table and leaning back against the couch. “But I have to leave a little before six since I still need to walk home,” I said with a shrug, not really thinking anything of it. Jesse turned his head and raised an eyebrow at me at my words before shaking his head no.

“There is no way I am letting you walk home in this weather, especially since its getting dark and all you have is that light jacket,” he said as he motioned to my jacket that was hanging on one of the hooks by the door.

“Well then how am I supposed to get home?” I asked trying to state a point as I crossed one of my legs over the other and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Just have your mom pick you up here, it’s faster and that way you don’t have to go walking in five degree weather with a below zero degree wind chill,” he said giving me a pointed look and I could already tell that he wasn’t going to be taking no for an answer. I sighed in defeat before leaning back against the couch again figuring he had a point.

“Fine,” I mumbled which made him grin in triumph and place the laptop down on the coffee table before leaning back on the couch with a groan.

“Man that one slide really killed my brain, let’s take a break,” he said, turning his head so he could look at me with a cute grin. He is so goofy at times; you can really tell that he likes to spend a lot of time with his five year old sister. He reminds me of how a dad would act around there one year old child. They would be talking baby talk everywhere they went without even noticing it.

“You’re silly,” I said with a giggle which made him give me a goofy grin in return to make me laugh, covering my mouth with my hand to try and muffle the sounds that escaped past my lips.

“Jesse?”

Jesse immediately turned his head at the sound of Darcy’s voice which was coming from the bathroom since she was still taking her bath.

“What is it Darcy?” he called before sitting up so he was prepared to get up in case she needed him.

“There’s no towels in here,” she called back making Jesse tilt his head back and groan.