Chapter 42

Jesse

"Are you sure its her?"

"Positive."

"Because there could be someone else with the same name..."

"Jesse. It's her."

My eyes stayed locked with his in disbelief. I don't know what mix of emotions were jumbling through my head right now. Confusion? Anger? Shock? I was feeling more disbelief than any of the others.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath.

It couldn't be her, it can't be. After all these years, I thought I escaped her after she moved. My mind raced while gathering the new information. I couldn't breath. No matter how many times I took a breath, it never felt like enough. My lungs caved in to the back of my rib cage, my stomach dropping down to the bottom of my gut. I swallowed harshly and looked down at the ground in thought.

I could feel Ally's presence come up behind me, her touch on my shoulder flooding my body with a feeling of relaxation and ease.

I didn't want this for her. I wanted her to feel secure in our relationship, no worries of jealousy or wandering thoughts. Once an ex gets brought into discussion it's like it's no longer about just us. I didn't want that for her, I didn't even want her to know. I turned to look at her, trying to keep my face neutral to keep her somewhat calm. Her eyes were full of concern making my heart fall in guilt.

"Whats wrong?" she asked, her tone soft mixed with a hint of worry. I smiled warmly at her, quickly pushing away my own fears for her sake.

"Nothing baby," I mumbled while placing my hand on her cheek. "Everything's fine."

"I don't believe you."

I sighed, glancing behind her to see Chelsea and Jasmine still standing by her locker, watching us in confusion. I couldn't tell her anything about Bianca, not here, not when she's about to go to class. The bell for second period was supposed to ring any moment, it would be best to just wait until after school was out so I had time to explain and answer her questions. It sure is one hell of a long story.

My worry though, was the girls in her friend group finding out. I needed to find a way to warn them not to say anything to Ally until I was able to explain. I needed to text them or something, its only a matter of time before word gets around even more that the devil is back.

I looked back down at Ally, watching her green eyes brighten as our eyes met. Looking down at my beautiful angel of a girlfriend made me wonder why I even settled for something negative in my life, why I wasted a year and a half of my life on something so unhealthy. I closed my eyes for a moment, trying to blink away the past, before gazing back into the emerald orbs that were staring at me.

"I promise I'll tell you later, okay?"

She bit her lip, searching my eyes for a moment as if to find further reasoning in them, but, to no avail. She got the message and nodded, her eyes moving down to the floor afterwards in slight disappointment.

The bell rang just then making her jump a little and look around the hallway as people started making their way down the hall. She's so cute.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to my chest in a warm embrace, placing my chin on her head. Her scent enveloped me, smelling of sweet vanilla mixed with a hint of apples; a scent that my body craved.

"I'll see you at lunch," I mumbled into her hair, feeling her arms wrap around me happily.

"Okay," she said, finally looking up at me again with a lazy smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile warmly back before pressing my lips against hers in a brief kiss. The news about Bianca terrified me. I didn't want to see her, didn't even want to be near her manipulative being. I wanted to protect Ally from the mere thought of her, but I knew that was impossible at this point. All I could do was hold her close and tell her the truth when the time was right.