Chapter 3: Parallel Visit

A month? We didn't expect this Coronavirus thing to last for a month!
What if it's more than a month? A year? Or even a decade?
I feel the boredom already. Our academy is setting up for online classes, what's the fun of that? Ugh.
This is what I thought the minute I woke up on an early Saturday morning.

After 20 minutes, I finally got up because we were going to my grandmother's house. She lives all the way in Parallel Town, which is about 15 kilometers away.

It was a shock to me when I looked at the clock. It was already 9:00 AM! I was supposed to get dressed by that time. Then, I hurried to the shower and took a 5-minute bath. I picked out a cute checkered cropped shirt and a semi-ripped flare pants.

After a moment, I hurried down to eat breakfast.

"Good morning mom and dad!", I said. "Sorry I'm a bit late, I forgot to set my alarm." I continued.

"It's okay, sweetie. Good morning! We already had breakfast, have yours.", Said dad.

"Come eat, it's omelette and orange juice!", Said mom, smiling.

I sat down and ate my breakfast. It was really delicious. When I was about to put my plate on the sink,

"Mom, dad, how are we supposed to go to grandma's when we're on lockdown?", I asked.

"Oh don't worry, we have the permission from our city hall. We promised we would wear our masks and  go straight to grandma's house.", Answered dad.

"Yep, and we're going to bring grandma some groceries too.", Continued mom.

"Oh that's great! She'll love our visit.", Responded I.

We then went to our front door and wore our shoes. The car was already readied by dad in the garage. I rode at the backseat and buckled my seatbelt.

I haven't been to grandma's house for 6 years! She usually went to our house whenever there was an occasion. I haven't seen her for almost a year because she said she wanted some space after grandpa died. It was heartbreaking, but now she recovered.

I then stared at the window, we passed in the opposite direction from school. There were so much coffee shops and gasoline stations and only a couple of trees. As far as I remember, this place was covered with trees.

After an hour of being stuck in traffic, we finally arrived at grandma's village, Blubon Village. Where she lives is truly home. It has the best club house and pool! It was very calming.

We started driving in the village, going to grandma's house. I remember we used to go left, right, up the ramp, and left once again. When we took those directions, I saw the beautiful structure of her house.

It was a beige-colored bungalow, with a huge front and backyard. It had a wide poarch and a beautiful garden.

BEEP BEEP!

The front door opened and grandma's happy face was suddenly there. She walked fast to assist us in parking.

When we finally parked, I opened the door and,

"My dear Shaymi! You've grown so much since I last saw you.", Exclaimed Grandma.

"Hi Grandma! We missed you, here are some groceries.", I said while giving Grandma the groceries.

"Thank you, thank you!", Grandma said, and she went on to greet mom and dad.

After greeting each other, we went inside her house and I suddenly remembered the old flowery smell of her house. Mom, dad, and I sat on the couch while grandma made us some tea.

"Here have some bread and tea.", offered grandma as she sat down.

We all ate while we caught up with our life stories. Then we took an updated tour of her house, which has changed a little bit.

After about an hour, we finally talked about the pandemic.

"Speaking of pandemic, what do you do at home, grandma?", I asked.

"Oh I usually take care of my garden all day. I sometimes try out some new cooking recipes.", She responded.

"Oooh, that's nice!", I said again. "Do you have a social media account so that we could video call sometime, grandma?", I asked out of curiosity.

"No I've been trying but I couldn't seem to do it, ha ha ha, would you mind if you make me one, Shaymi?", She asked.

"Not at all grandma! I'll add you as my friend already so that you only need to press the call button whenever you want to talk to us.", I told grandma.

"Thank you very much, my dear", She then smiled at me.

After a while, I finished making her an account and we got ready to leave.

"Thanks for welcoming us mom, just call us if you need anything!", Said mom, and we then waved our goodbyes.

We took our ride home and took a rest as soon as we arrived.

It was a great day, I thought in my mind.

*Chapter 4 is coming out soon. Thanks for reading, stay tuned!*