(23) Emotionally Scarred Or Damaged.

12 more days. That's all I have left here. 12 days and then I can leave. I've been in Cali. for about 2 months. And yeah, I'll miss my boyfriend, but I will never stop talking to him. We'll do everything that all those couples seem to do in long distance relationships. I'm packing my items while Jessica and Bryan constantly come in and check on my making sure I'm not "emotionally scarred or damaged." Yeah. It's not the first time their idiotic son has hurt me. It's just the first time they figured out.

Ally and Liz burst through my door and plop down on my bed.

"What are you doing," Liz ask clearly clueless.

"Packing," I respond throwing some of my clothes into my large bag.

"Why so early?"

"For then I'm not so rushed."

"Are you gonna miss it here?" Ally ask.

"I just want to get away from the drama. I'll most likely be back to live here though. But far away from here."

"We understand. You just need to take a break."

"Do you think Taylor and I will make it?"

"Do you love him?" Liz ask.

"Yes." I respond confidently.

"Does he love you?" Ally ask.

"Yes," a voice at the door answers. I turn and see Taylor leaning against the door frame smugly smiling. I hug him tightly and he does the same. "I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I have to go to the doctor's office with Oaklyn," Taylor says slightly concerning me. "She has to get some shots and with one of them, she can't drive for 6-8 hours and I have to drive her. So I'll be busy, but tomorrow. I'm taking you wherever you want to go. It's your day, and I making it special. So be ready. I'll pick you up at 10 sharp. So don't be late." He kisses my lips softly and hugs me like it's his last. I hug back and he buries his head into my hair. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I kiss him on his lips back and he smile weakly like something is eating away at him. Probably the fact that I'm leaving for a while and won't be back.

Ally and Liz awe after he leaves they take me upstairs to play in the gameroom with everyone but Jake and Sophia.

8 Hours Later

It's now 8 at night and I manage to make it back to my room and find my phone. I look at the screen and notice 10 missed calls and 18 messages all from Oaklyn. Right as I was about to call back, my phone signals a call from Oaklyn.

"Wassup, Oakie?" I ask jumping onto my bed.

"Melody," She says in tears making me shoot up.

"Oaklyn, what's wrong? Where are you?"

"I-it's Tay-taylor. Hos-hospit-al." I hang up and run down stairs.

"Melody," a voice calls as my breathing increases. "What are you doing?"

"I have to go somewhere. How far is the hospital"

"Why do you need to go there?" Jake ask.

"I need to go somewhere. Just where are the keys?!"

"I'll give you the keys when you tell me why you're planning on going to the hospital."

"Give me the damn keys!!" I yell pulling at my hair.

"Just tell me-" I scream and run outside the house and down the street before anything else can be said. I hear Jake yell at the door, "Don't you dare think about coming back once he's hurt you!!"

It's pouring down rain and the hospital is still 3 minutes away.

That's 3 minutes I may or may not have considering the condition.

I finally reach the hospital and bust through the doors covered in water my breath heaving and water dripping all over the ground. A person wrapped a towel around me and hugged me. I look over and see Oaklyn crying into my shoulder.

"Oaklyn, what's wrong?" I ask trying to breath

"I'm so sorry. Taylor loved you so much."

I turn around and grip her by her shoulders.

"What room?"

"209."

I run down the hall and find room 209 weaving in and out of people. I burst in the room to find a doctor standing right in the doorway.

"Ms. Paige. Under strict orders, I can not let you see Mr. Murphy right now. He strictly said he didn't want you to see him in this pain. Therefore, I can not let you go in there at all," the doctor says.

"When will he be better?" I ask.

A grim smile becomes plastered on the doctors face.

"Ms. Paige, I'm sorry. I should tell you....But he didn't want me too. I should really tell you, but he only told me to give you a note. Let me go get it."

The doctor walks away and I slide against the wall and hug my knees.

"Dear God," I pray in a mumble. "Please....please don't. I-I-I think I know what's wrong, but please no. Not yet. Please," I cry full out crying my last plea hoping it won't fall upon deaf ears.

The doctor hands me a note with the same grim note on his face.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Paige. He came in too late."

I take the envelope and look at my name neatly written on the front.

"To My Love, Melody."

A/N: This is the last offical chapter. Tomorrow, I will post the very last chapter. You may not like it, but I promise that this series will work it's way out into a somewhat happy ending.

~Kasey~