1

"Team, we've gotten a report of an 0-8-4. Everyone to the conference room immediately." Coulson's voice echoed over the intercom throughout the Bus."

"It's almost like he can sense this somehow." Jemma laughed as she pulled on her shirt and tossed Skye her jeans.

"No kidding, that's like the fifth time this week." she said as she turned to grab her hair brush, revealing a long scar running down the back of her left thigh that Jemma hadn't ever noticed before.

"That scar on your leg... you never told me where it came from." she pointed out.

"Maybe later, this case looks interesting." Skye said, pointing to the picture that had appeared on the SHIELD issued tablet. "Let's go."

Jemma knew that Skye was avoiding the question but, she let it slide anyway. They could talk about it later.

"Yeah, it does."

Skye kissed Jemma's cheek in thanks and led her by the hand to the Holo-table.

"The signals are coming from somewhere in this area." Coulson said as he enlarged a portion of the map to show a neighborhood.

"Wait a second. I know this place." Skye stopped him mid-briefing. She moved the screen down the street shown before stopping at a building that looked like a Roman Catholic Cathedral.

"That's Saint Agnes' the orphanage where I grew up. A lot of my foster homes were in this area." Skye informed them, blowing up the image.

"You don't think another special child was dropped off their do you?" May asked.

"It's definitely a possibility." Coulson affirmed. "Skye, I want you to go there and take a look around. take Jemma in case there's some sort of sciency stuff needed."

"Sciency stuff, really Agent Coulson?" Jemma said in a scolding voice.

"We can check the foster homes in case HYDRA has decided to leave a present for Skye. Split them up amongst ourselves. Teams of two for now and radio immediately if you find something." Tripp suggested. "Skye can pick first."

With a scowl she scrolled down the very long list of places she had used to live, her expression bordering either extreme pain or anger. Jemma pressed against the other girl's side as she laced their fingers together. Once everyone had chosen two or three homes (there were more than enough to go around) they split up to get ready and rest up. Skye collapsed on Jemma's bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I just want to warn you that I chose the worst places for us. I don't want the others to look at me differently." Skye told her.

"I'm sure that none of them would." Jemma protested.

"They already do. Did you see Tripp's face when he saw how long that list was?" Skye asked and Jemma could tell how important it was to her that nobody's perception of her change.

"If they knew what I had been through they would all pity me and I don't want that. We've all had our moments and this was mine. It's in the past and I'd like to leave it that way. Not to drag out any old demons." Skye said using her arms to pillow her head.

"Do this have to do with the scar on your leg that you won't talk about?" Jemma asked, tucked up against Skye. She had found that when she needed to comfort her girlfriend, closeness worked the best.

"Yeah. It does." she murmured, the tightness in her chest threatening to swallow her up.

"It's okay, you can wait until you're ready to tell me."

"Thanks."