5

"You said yourself that he deserves to die for what he did to me and all of those other children, what he planned to do with Samuel." Skye protested.

"I did say that and it's true. But, you know what else is true? That you don't deserve all of this Skye." she asked. "You don't deserve this and neither do I. You don't deserve to have his face plague your nightmares as you wrestle with whether or not you did the right thing, when you're supposed to be sleeping peacefully beside of me. I don't deserve to lie beside you as you wrestle with that and have to wonder whether or not I could have stopped you. If that didn't happen immediately, it would eventually. You don't deserve his filthy blood on your hands, or the weight of taking his life on your conscience." Jemma spoke softly and carefully as she crept closer and closer to Skye as the earthquakes calmed underneath their feet.

"There's me, Skye. Do you honestly want me to watch you kill a man? Do you think that I want to see you in this kind of pain? I would never think to pity you for your past. It makes me hurt inside, Skye. Your pain hurts me. Please stop." Jemma begged as the tears escaped Skye's eyes and she collapsed into Jemma's arms. Jemma took her gun and passed it to a pained looking May, and Skye didn't even register it.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." they murmured to each other over and over again. That is until Skye attempted to stand on her own and she passed out cold.

"Guys, a little help here. She's out." Jemma requested as their footing finally evened out.
BANG echoed off of the walls behind them as Tripp took Skye into his strong arms.

"COULSON!!!!" May yelled at him as he fired two more rounds into the unconscious, and now dead man's body.

"Simmons was right. He deserved to die, after what he did to her and all of those other children, this isn't the kind of monster that we are supposed to have to fight." he proclaimed after his magazine was empty.

"What exactly happened here?" Tripp asked still holding Skye and looking incredible confused.

"That's Skye's story to tell. Not mine. When she's strong enough you can ask her."

"Stay awake, Simmons you need to be there when she wakes up. We don't know what frame of mind she'll be in."
"I wouldn't be anywhere else."