Epilogue

A girl with her boy crush walked toward a pool, hand in hand. Their eyes glittered at the trouble they'd be in if anyone knew what they were about to do, let alone that they were out at night. She leaned over and kissed him, feeling butterflies flapping hard in her belly. THe boy felt them too, and felt like he was the king of the world just for having the girl, just for being able to kiss her, have his hands on her ribs, so close to her firm breasts. They neared the pool and took a look inside, and, froze. Green eyes blinked at them, as the creature elongated, unfurling from it's curled position. They saw a long serpentine body, and wings. "What is that?" The girl asked, leaning forward, her bare feet inches from the water. "It looks like a, like a, like, a—"Like a dragon." She whispered.
The boy looked at her, this time not noticing the bathing suit she was wearing, this time, his gaze was on her eyes. "That's not possible." "Think about it though, the indigo are real, why can't dragons be real?" She asked, pointing down at the thing in the water. The boy shivered as she curled into him. "Why can't they be?" She asked, as instead of stepping into the water, they watched the dragon swim through the water. Miles away, a woman screamed, as she opened her back door, and saw a creature walking over her flowers, sniffing the ground for food. The head jerked up, and it bared it's teeth in a threatening manner. Wings unfurled from it's back threateningly and she screamed again. A gunshot lashed out and the dragon pitched forward, it's body twitching.
All across the United States, people screamed, laughed, cried, as they caught their first glimpses of a true dragon. Not a dracon, but a fully fledged dragon. Some appeared in lakes, others from underground, others as if they stepped from behind invisible curtains. And still, more rising from the depths of the ocean, or from lava in active volcanos, or still moving within the magma from dormant ones.

                    The End.