14. Just Friends In Tragedy

I wake up in my bed with Yoongi sitting next to me. "(Y/N) are you finally awake?" I nod groggily. He sighs. "That's a relief. I thought you would be passed out all day since you slept through the night." Day? Already? 

He uses a towel against my forehead, wiping away any of the sweat that occurred. "Have you been here this whole time, Yoongi?" He nods. "Well, except for when Jungkook wanted to be alone with you, but other than that, yeah. We all have. They all just needed to take care of something."

Nodding, I try to sit up. The only problem is that Yoongi doesn't let me. "I want to get up!" He looks at me sternly. "Why? So you can be independent? How about no. Just let the news sink in. And rest. You fucking passed out." I sigh. He's right like he usually is.

I hear the front door open downstairs. All of the boys are yelling over who gets a shower first or who has clean bloodstains. Bloodstains from what, I wonder.

"Yoongi?" He seems a little distracted, tears waiting to come out. "Hm?" I was going to ask him about the bloodstains, but instead, I ask what's wrong.  

He smiles sweetly. "Just what happened recently, that's all." I nod. "Can I ask another thing?" He nods. "What blood stains are they talking about?" I ask nervously "I heard them downstairs." He shrugs. "I wouldn't know who's blood, but they went to do an important mission. Mafia, remember?" I nod slowly. 

These boys are so sweet that I usually forget what they do. 

Jungkook walks into my room without knocking. His clothes are clean so I guess he changed, but his face has blood on it.

Yoongi says, "I'm going to get some water. Don't do anything, Jungkook." Jungkook salutes him jokingly and sits on my bed next to me. "How are you, Baby?" I shrug. "Fine, I guess." He looks at me worriedly. "Are you sure?" I nod.

He leans back against the pillows next to mine. "Jungkook, can you get me a clean damp towel?" He nods but asks, "What for?" I cup his cheek with my hand as he rolls over to be facing me. I brush my thumb against the dried blood under his eye. "This right here," I say, then move to another spot on his opposite cheek "Here too."He rolls his eyes, pulling away from me to get what I asked.

When he comes back, he hands me the towel and sits me on his lap to wipe away the blood. Making conversation, I say, "So, I heard you guys fighting over who gets to clean the bloodstains," I say as he gives an 'Mhm' to tell me he's listening "Do you guys even really know how to do it well?"

He gives me a cute, pleading look and says, "Don't expose all my unworn, blood-stained clothes like that." I poke his nose and say, "It's okay, I'll show you." I've had enough periods in my lifetime to know how to do this well.

He stays silent for a moment, but then suddenly breaks it. "You know, (Y/N), I think I found something." I look at him confused. "What?" He smiles, then says something very unexpected. 

"I found something stronger than diamond, more expensive than platinum, and more precious than gold. It's my love for you." 

I feel my cheeks getting red, but I try to laugh it off. "You're so cheesy, Jungkook!" He smiles at me sheepishly. He hugs me tightly and whispers, "Just let me tell you how much I love you, okay? Even if you still don't feel the same way.." I kiss his cheek, trying to keep it friendly.

"What type of way did you mean that? Don't make me think you love or like me, please, (Y/N)." I nod. "I meant it friendly. Just friendly."

Dammit. Why don't I feel like I can confess soon? Maybe it's because I'm just too much of a coward. I think I love him.

Before I can decide whether I want to confess right now, Yoongi and Taehyung walk in.

"Hey," Taehyung says with his boxy smile on display "How do you feel?" Almost automatically, I smile back. "Fine, I guess. Yoongi, do you think I can come with you guys? I wanna beat dad's ass!" Jungkook looks at me sternly as Yoongi laughs.

"No, you won't go. I'm not letting him hurt you again." Yoongi says. I roll my eyes. "I'll be fine, my little meow meow.  I was okay all these years, so let me come, please?" He's hesitant, but he says, "Fine. Just don't get in the way, okay? And you won't be doing anything but following along." I nod eagerly. "Thank you, Yoongi!" I get up and hug him. 

Taehyung says, "Don't get hurt, okay? That means I'll have to beat somebody up." I laugh. He can be so sweet. He rubs my back as I pull away from Yoongi. 

"Alright," Jungkook says "Come show me how to do that thing, okay?" Possessive much? I poke both Yoongi and Taehyung's cheek, following Jungkook out of my room. 

"I thought I had to stay in my bed?" I say, walking to the laundry room. Jungkook gives me a look telling me that I should know why he pulled me away from the other boys. "Come here," He says. He pulls me into his side, playing with my hair as we walk.

Once we get into the room, I show him the best way to remove the stains. "Spray it with this," I say getting my favorite stain remover out. He nods. I show him how to do it with cold water also. In the middle of explaining to the boy, his hands wrap around my waist and he buries his head into my neck. "Jungkook," I say "I'm in the middle of something. Don't you think this could wait?" 

He sighs against my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "I just... I wanted to know how you feel. I know I kind of hinted at it earlier, but... I wanted to know if I won yet." 

Should I finally tell him? Am I supposed to let this cocky boy win? Especially when I'm in the middle of finding out about my mother's death. Will he think it's just because I need a distraction? 

I sigh, getting ready to answer him.

"Jungkook, I-" Before I can finish, a loud sound comes from the kitchen. It sounds like gunshots. "(Y/N)! Get down!" Jungkook yells just as someone starts shooting through the laundry room door.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I dont remember if Jen said this was okay to upload yet but maybe this will make her happier when she wakes up. More smut coming soon because I feel like it right now!! How are you guys? I hope you enjoyed this chapter ad have a nice day/night. 💜💜💜