Proposition

As the days passed my thirst for the sweet crimson grew substantially. It fulled my mind to the brink..It was literally all I could think about, and was starting to drive me crazy...I had dreams about the sweet crimson..intoxicating n extravagant dreams...Dreams that would wake me up in the middle of the night with cold sweats that'll last for hours. But that's not the only thing that I dreamt about...I've also had dreams about the rifle...Horrifying dreams. The things I dreamt about were sick n twisted, but it was fitting for a person like me...It was amazing because I could remember every little detail...down from the petrifying screams to the sweet, sweet smell of the crimson...A normal human would think of it as a "nightmare" but for a person as sick n sadistic as me, it was a wet dream. Heh the very thought sent chills down my spine.

I can't wait to get my hands on that rifle. It'll change me...I know this for sure..the more I thought about it, the more my mind seemed to warp around my sociopathic desires. Before the day of the first "taste" of the crimson, I had goals....hell I would say that I had dreams even...But now, crimson...rifle..is all that comes to surface in my subconscious...but just recently there has been this new thought that has risen from the darkest pit of my psyche. It has been spreading darkness through out my body...I feel tainted...As if I've elevated into a darker form of my own species...But nevertheless, I have never felt so alive before in my life...After deep contemplations, I've come to realize that this new temptation of mines is something that has thrived in the human race for centuries....It has brought down great empires...drove fear into the hearts of billions, and has been the stepping stone for life itself...Without it we wouldn't survive, but at the same time, with it only comes despair. It's the omega of all things and will soon lead to everyone's demise....My thought is death.

It only comes to surface when I'm alone. It speaks to me...as a mother would to her child. It has told me many horrible things of what it has done over the centuries...I listened diligently to it's stories and became strangely fascinated...One particular story that it told was of a man named James who stalked and killed the people who he hated. It really intrigued me. Death knew that I was fascinated by the story, so it gave me a proposition....It promised me the power to commit the same evil deeds that James did. Naturally, of course I'll agree to this proposition...Upon the agreement, death gave an luminous laugh and disappeared from my consciousness.

Moments later, my parents knock on my door holding a large looking object behind them. My curiosity peaked, and asked them what it was. They screamed, in unison, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It threw me off actually because I completely forgot about my own birthday with being so preoccupied with my own thoughts....I instantaneous acted like the surprised and excited son and wrapped my arms around my parents thanking them for whatever they had behind their backs. At that very moment they revealed to me the marvel that was hidden away from me....It was a M1903 Springfield rifle. I literally broke out in tears. It was perfect and exactly what I needed. I thanked my parents again and tried my best to look grateful. Afterwards they left, and immediately after the door closed, I felt the dark presence of death come forth again...It was silent for a while until I finally heard a low, diabolical chuckle. Death only muttered three words before leaving once more...and they were, "It is done".