The Ruby Bear

"Whoo! Free weekend!" Reed yelled happily, charging ahead of the rest of the small group.

Naomi recently approved the next couple of days off for them due to the up take of maids and restaurant staff with Reef and Fin specifically, despite having more or less a unique job at the hotel, she figured that she could throw a bone or two their way every once in a while. During the week that Reef and Fin were working together, he did manage to riff on her for the bad spell that she had of bad learners. Frowning, Fin remembered that one time that she took over for Reef the time he had a broken toe, how well she did at the time and how well the people responded to her. Beginning to think that it was a major fluke, and she couldn't help but stare at the ground as she walked out of the locker room.

"Hey Fin!" Came Reef's voice, getting her mind out of the gutter. "Why do you look so down? Don't tell me that you're feeling bad for actually having a weekend off!"

"No way!" Fin called back, catching up with the others. "Let's get surfing!"

"That's the spirit!" Reef whooped, running with the others seemed to have gained quite a bit of distance over the other two.

The energy from the group was at an all time high. More then likely because of the prospect of having no work the next two days off and being able to stay up all night for at least two of those nights, was something to be happy for. The laughter trailing from the group as the made their way to the Office. Their own personal, and private, surfing area. And with none of the new staff being young or into surfing, they didn't have to do any hazing to any potentially interested people. Other then Stefan. The only one that seemed to have shown some interested the Office when he accidentally overheard Reef, Broseph and Fin talking about it. A little loudly they admitted, but they were also glad that it was someone they liked rather then someone that they knew would wreck the place. Stefan telling the three that he'll let them know at a later date if he wanted to follow up on learning where the Office's location was.

***

Later on, with one full days' work done and behind them and a full sessions' worth of surfing done and behind them, the group decided to spend some time relaxing and rolling in the sand with another bonfire like for light. Mostly wanting to lay down and soak up the relaxing atmosphere of the sunset that was happening in front of them. The group pretty much agreeing that No-Pants Lance ended up falling asleep on them, looking over his way.

"Kinda looks like he's dead." Ripper commented

"Sucks to be him." Reef replied

"Yeah. Morbid comment aside, he is missing out on this gorgeous sunset." Finn said

The group happened to be split up into a few minor friend groups. Well two really, if they had to be honest, being the older worker duo of Ripper and Lance and the younger worker group with Johnny. Who, after all these years, still had a crush on everyone's favorite oblivious worker; Emma, who were sitting beside each other. Broseph yawned and stretched out, leaning on a log. He glanced over Lance's way.

"A night nap doesn't sound too bad right now." He said

"Won't that mess up your sleep schedule?" Emma asked

"When have I really cared about that Bra?"

"Never I guess..."

"Don't sweat about it. I don't."

Broseph put his arms behind his head and closed his eyes while Emma went back to watching the rest of the sunset with everyone else. Giving a smile at how beautiful it really was, especially with their location. The next day would start late, at least late for what a hotel workers' hours would entail. The first one waking up being Emma, followed fairly closely by Fin and eventually by Reef. Who gave a wide yawn as he entered the living room.