Blackout

Stefan frowned as he made an attempt at making his way around the kitchen. It seemed to be that he was the only one that was being calm in this random situation, with everyone else around him with various states of distress with what happened. A blackout. That was what was making everyone this distressed at the moment, Stefan muttering a swear as he stubbed his toe on a counter. Feeling around told him that he was near the entrance to the kitchen and that meant that the light switch was there as well. Feeling the wall for what felt at way too long in his mind, he eventually found said switch and flicked it up and down several times. Nothing.

If his frown could go any lower, he felt like his mouth would end up falling off of his face.

"Okay, if we can all keep calm, we can get through this." Stefan called out to the other staff workers.

While they all stopped where they were, there were still a few who were muttering about their current predicament. He did his best to look around the room, despite the fact that his eyes have adjusted to the lack of light a good minute ago at the latest.

"Who has a phone?" Stefan asked, knowing full well that he forgot his in his locker that morning, knowing that at least one person had theirs on them, all the while mentally kicking himself, for the admittedly minor, slip up.

With a few 'heres' and 'yeses' came from around the room, a few of the workers taking out their phones as proof of them having said things at the moment.

"Good." He said, nodding "If you don't mind using the phone's flashlight, we can get ourselves out of here and into some more natural light."

The staff obliged with Stefan's request and soon, there were more then enough lights to go around for what he needed. It didn't take too long for the cooking staff for make their way out of the kitchen, with what looked like the customers in the Pirate Restaurant with their specific staff as well. Hopefully in an orderly fashion, or at least as close as possible for the customer's sake at least. With their little group in the Hotel's Lobby, it looked like that the restaurant staff and customers were hanging around the area, talking to each other about what happened and how it happened. The light from the Lobby's overly large windows were doing more then their fair share of letting some natural light into most of the large room. So, it looked like there was no storm in the area that would have caused the blackout. Which was a good thing to Stefan, as there was nothing else to really worry about, mostly due to the fact that the last major blackout that happened there oh so happened to have a pretty bad storm behind it that made some major damage to the hotel and potentially threatening the lives of some of the staff during the situation. Or at least that's what he heard from Kelly the previous Sunday's dinner with crazy situations that happened over the years at Surfer's Paradise. In his opinion, with all the things that happened in the Hotel, especially with Bummer's shit that he pulled off, it was a miracle that he was not only fired but sued and dragged through the mud several times. A firing even happened at one point, and the only reason that Bummer was hired back on was because of the fact that he could apparently talk to the seagulls that invaded the Lobby.

Now a days, Naomi seemed to have been covering for him and his dumbassery. The first thing that seemed to stick out to Stefan was the original hotel that turned into the Staff Lodge. How Ridgemount missed that was beyond him. Even with Bummer covering that major mess of an obvious death trap, Mr. Ridgemount would have, and really should have, come across the Staff Lodge at some point in Bummer's tenancy. Especially when Lo was staying there. As much of a brat she could get, especially at her worst, her dad was always there to bail her out of her situation. Well, except for that one time a couple of years back, but that was another story all together. Now a days she seemed to be getting herself a little more put together, if not fully getting rid of her personality completely. Or at least, that's what it looked like to Stefan at least. Scanning the group of people, he saw that they were mostly sticking to a small and concentrated ball as they spoke to each other about the current predicament, and there seemed to be no sign of the waiters and waitresses in that little ball. After dismissing the workers after it didn't seem to be at all necessary and letting them do what they wanted, Stefan set out to search for Kelly. Or Luke. Or Kahuna. Whomever came up first. If anyone knew what was going on it would be either one. Though with this current situation he figured that Kahuna would end up being the one knowing what was going on, though he wouldn't have minded if he ran into Kelly and Luke for his little adventure to find Kahuna and figure out this whole situation. Between the four of them, he figured that they could work out what was wrong and fix it. On top of that, doing anything at the moment was better then doing absolutely nothing and being bored for what could possibly be several hours and pretty much missing out on a work day. It seemed to be turning out to go in that direction in all honesty, given the biggest, obvious clue that hit the Hotel. It didn't seem to take long either to run into Luke and Kelly, both were at the front desk talking to Johnny, about the situation if he had to take a wild guess.