Chapter 5 (draft)

Chapter 5 

"What's going on Kaden? You sounded a bit anxious and stressed out over the phone." Arlo said.  

Kaden stood across from his friends with his hands on his hips not sure what he was going to tell them exactly. Arlo, Prudence and Harley stared back at him waiting for him to spill why they were called upon.  

"I-umm, got something to tell you all and it has to stay between us no one can know at all. No one!" Kaden said firmly. 

"Prudence narrowed her eyes at Kaden and uncrossed her arms. "What's going on? You're freaking me out here Kay." Prudence said. 

Kaden ran his hand through his hair on last time. "Okay, I ran into someone last night while I was at the tavern and I couldn't believe it myself, but it's complicated so I need you three to keep an open mind about all of this." 

"Kaden, stop babbling and just spit it out." Arlo barked.  

Kaden nodded. "I found Trinity. She was just there in the back alley fighting four exiles and she collapsed. I thought I was seeing things and when I went to her she was real, she was bleeding out badly on the ground." 

"WHAT!" Arlo yelled. "You mean Trinity is here in the mortal realm?" Arlo asked.  

Kaden shook his head. "How is that possible?" Arlo asked.  

"No, that's not possible. She's locked away in Tartarus." Prudence exclaimed. Kaden narrowed his eyes at her. Harley didn't say a single word, his eyes remained wide open in shock. 

"No, she is not in Tartarus anymore. It's complicated to explain why she's here. But what I can say is she has no memory of me or of herself for that matter. Someone released her and erased her memory when they did." Kaden said. 

"Why would they do that and release her?" Arlo asked. "What's the point of erasing her memory?"  

"So she won't go seeking revenge on anyone. I just know that she still has all her powers and knows nothing about what she is or about what any of us are. When I tried to explain it she panicked and said I was crazy." Kaden said. 

"Wait you spoke to her?" Arlo asked.  

"Yes." 

"Where is she now?" Arlo said. 

Kaden averted his eyes in the direction toward his room. "No you're kidding me she's here, you brought her back here?" Arlo said. 

"WHAT!" Prudence shouted.  

"What was I supposed to do leave her out there to die?" Kaden said. 

"Yes!" Prudence shouted. Kaden gave her a deadly glare. She spun and walked away from him and through herself on the couch.  

"Did you really think Pru he would leave her out there to die, after he gave up his grace and wings for her?" Harley snapped at Prudence.  

"Yes, I would think so. She's caused enough trouble in his life. She's just going to cause nothing but more trouble." Prudence spat at Harley. 

"I gave up my grace and wings on my own and she knew nothing about it. Don't blame Trinity for what I chose to do. She gave up so much more for me in return. And she's still suffering because of me. Do you think I would turn my back on her now that she needs me the most?" Kaden snarled at Prudence. Pru didn't say another word as she kept her eyes averted down at the floor and her arms crossed over her chest, like a child.