Panic Room, Peaceful Rune

Phil knew that Ranboo was half enderman. He saw the purple particles that quietly buzzed around his lanky body, his ender-like skin glowing with lavender light in darkened shadows. He even made the quiet noises that endermen emitted sometimes when he was happy, blushing in embarrassment whenever Phil laughed at him.

So, yes, Phil knew that Ranboo was half enderman. Which could certainly lead to other enderman habits. Noises. His tall build. Panicking when someone made eye contact with him.

Teleporting.

Specifically, teleporting away from where he was supposed to be.

Where the fuck did he go?

"Aye, Techno!" Phil called up to Techno inside the house. He heard the creak of the door, watching the hybrid stumble out and blink tired eyes down at the senior. "Do you know where Ranboo is?"

"Am I supposed to know that?" Techno mumbled, his speech slightly slurred from sleep. Phil frowned with worry at his slightly delirious state, seeing the mangled braid Techno's hair was still in and the heavy eyes lidding his drooping face. He looked exhausted.

Phil couldn't blame him; while Techno had shown obvious delight at the success of his mission, there was still an odd tension that he held whenever he talked about it. He knew Techno must be repressing something, but he held back from asking. It would take a while for him to process things and even longer for him to admit it.

"No worries, mate," Phil assured, shaking his head. He gave him a loose grin. "You look like shit. You look like you need sleep."

"I do deserve some sleep," Techno mused, managing a weak smile and waving briefly before escaping back inside the cabin.

Phil smiled watching him go, but Ranboo's disappearance was quickly on his mind again. He frowned as he studied the broken house beside them, walking over the snow and nudging the door open to check. Large gray heads turned to look at him, ears perked up curiously to greet the visitor. Phil looked around slowly, wading through the sea of fur and feeling their soft coats brush up against him as he walked through the house.

Ranboo usually comes in here to calm down since the dog cage isn't done yet, Phil noted, a fond memory of Ranboo curled up asleep with dogs surrounding him coming back into his mind. It was one of his first days here, not wanting to intrude and volunteering to sleep with the dogs since he was coined as the dog handler. He looked so tired; his limbs stuck out everywhere with at least two dogs resting against each leg and arm. His head had been resting against a slab, his neck at a crooked angle, but he looked... Peaceful, in a way. As if he hadn't slept well in a while.

Phil ran a hand through his thin blonde hair, sighing and shaking his head before turning and making his way out of the house. He squinted into the distance, but there was no sign of any buildings and no sight that the hybrid creature had left. Where the fuck? Where has he gone?

Phil bit the inside of his cheeks, exhaling through his nose as he studied the farm on the other side of the cabin one more time before feeling his feet take him away as an idea of where he might be formed in his head. Perhaps he went back to the crater. Maybe for memories or some shit. Or maybe resources?

He wouldn't need the resources, though. We've given him permission to use whatever he needs in our chests. Unless he felt bad, which... I suppose that makes sense.

The quiet gurgling and whispering of the nether portal filled his ears, and Phil closed his eyes as the portal transported him into the nether. He opened his eyes, slipping away from the arching obsidian and hustling quickly down the path towards the destroyed city. Ghasts let out soft wails and tried shooting fireballs at him, but he ignored it as he jumped along the ruins and netherrack pillars. As he was jumping along though, he felt suspicion heat up his blood and make his heart stop for a moment. He's not betraying us, is he?