Chapter 39: "Goodnight."

*Donna*

*2 weeks later*

"You've smoked pot before, yes?" Winston asked, digging in his pockets.

"Yeah, at frat parties sure." I shrugged. Winston and I had been hanging out almost every day now. Given, it hasn't been the best option on how it been gone about, but for the past 2 weeks, I've been hollow. I lost my mom...not my biological mom, but my mother. I didn't even feel like me, just a very small portion, while the rest of me roamed in every which direction. I wasn't doing anything the same anymore. My go-to outfits have been black tshirts, dark jeans, a pair of slides or sneakers and some kind of hoodie or beanie. It just looked to me like how my soul felt. I have been missing Alpha meetings, and some classes I was just slipping away from. Victoria wasn't really on my case about the meetings, she understood. Hell, she was there with Trenton when they found her. I stopped caring about so much and every purpose I had to continue was fading away by the second.

"Good enough I guess." He shrugged and began to roll up. I was still extremely fascinated with his accent still. He was comfortable enough around me to use it freely, but only when we were alone.

Like right now. We climbed into the window of an abandoned house of 90 years. Everything was covered in vines and tattered, and the place looked camouflaged with the bushes and trees on the outside from how run down it's been for so long.

"Winston?" I said finally after he was almost done rolling.

"Hm?"

"My mother died. I'm sorry if I seem different with you." I said flatly. He looked up at me concerned, and stopped what he was doing.

"You don't seem different. Handle things how you do naturally and learn whatever it is you need to learn from it." He said as he began to spark up. I sighed deeply, feeling a bit more relaxed by his words.

"You have the most blunt yet the most useful knowledge." He shrugged.

"Comes from a guy who doesn't feel much."

"Sometimes that's a good thing. I wish I couldn't feel sometimes." I said. He looked at me as he released smoke, then handed the blunt to me. I inhaled hard and coughed, getting very warm and almost throwing up.

"Geez, take it easy." He said firmly in his American accent. He pulled a small clear tube from the smaller pocket within the front pocket of his jeans. It was full of white powder.

"Dude why?" I rolled my eyes.

"You said you wanted to be numb, correct?" He asked before sniffing a decent amount off of his finger. I sighed. Do I dare? He sighed in ecstacy and laid his head back. I hesitantly grabbed it and did the same thing he did. My nostril and head immediately was on fire. I kept clearing my nose as he passed the blunt back to me.

"Oh my gosh," I sighed before feeling like I was on a loop roller coaster. I began to feel extremely happy. I laughed softly.

"Better?" He asked.

"Yes, a lot better." I said happily. My eyes felt so wet. He looked out of the window.