January 1st 2021

Song: Bluebird- Miranda Lambert 

Was 2020 your year?

What a year!

I won't bore you with all the reflecting I do, but I will say this. Let us please not take life for granted and let us be grateful for all the things we have in our lives. I know our country isn't exactly the best, but we live in a country where we are given opportunities everyday to better ourselves and our lives. Let today be the day we think about going into the new year with at least a positive mind set. I know a lot us set goals for ourselves for the new year, "new year resolutions", but I know that us normal people are over it by January 2nd. But I encourage you to at least have determination and believe in yourself. If you are the person who follows through, props to you, really. 

If you did set new goals and things you'd like to accomplish in 2021, what are they? 

Are you determined to follow through with those goals?

I didn't have the best year. I would say it was probably the worst, but I don't regret anything because it has truly helped me reconsider the person I want to be. I've been able to choose who are the people I want to keep in my life. I feel like I say this a lot, but it's okay to put yourself first!  

On another note, there have been such terrible things that have happened throughout the year. I've watched friendships end because of the different points of view we have. It's sad, truly. Social media has truly taken over and people have started to believe everything they see on there. Even the news channels have provided false information. They have so much power over our thoughts in what we should and shouldn't believe. I hope we can start accepting and respecting others opinions. Take time to do research to better educate ourselves. 

But I will save that for another storytime. 

As I said, this year had made us realize that we took life for granted. Let 2020 be a lesson and take the time to humble ourselves in the new year, 2021. 

Take the time to appreciate everything we took for granted and be prepared to be able to move forward to help us improve ourselves. This is the perfect opportunity to improve your mental health, begin loving yourself, putting yourself first, and loving everyone. Love those surrounding you and your life will turn around for the better. Having hatred will only hurt you more and make you unhappy. However, we're human, sometimes we don't get along with everyone and we aren't able to love everyone. If there are people you aren't fond of, only show kindness. Don't let anyone see you bothered and don't give toxic people your time. Your time is too valuable to waste on people who aren't relevant in your life. 

A piece of advice: Go out and buy a planner and write all the things you would like to do for the day, week, month, or maybe even the whole year. Write inspirational quotes if you have to. Your mental health is important. 

I hope 2021 is your year.

Cheers!

_______________________

Hey guys! Happy New Year!! 

 I hope you're enjoying Thinking Out Loud so far. This is very personal to me and I want to be able to connect with all of you and hear any similar stories you might have. I'd also like to get to know everyone who takes time to read this.

Feel free to follow me on my social media to get to know me :)

Instagram: desszaragoza

- Des xoxox