The Facts?

"Impossible," I say while taking my hand and sitting on the moss-covered log.

"And why is that?" He asks and starts following me.

"For 3 simple reasons. 1. There is no such thing as 'Love'. 2. We just met. And finally, 3. Not with me," I say and look up at him. He sits next to me and looks at the Lake. He pauses for a second and then replies,

"No."

"What do you mean, 'no'?" I ask. He stands up and faces me.

"I mean, no. Let's go by these one at a time." He begins to pace around the log. "Number Three, What does that even mean?'Not with me'."

"It means out of all the girls swooning for you at school, the probability of you choosing me, the only one not swooning is slim to none."

"Well, that is a bunch of crap. One, when I met you, you literally fell at my feet. Second, no one is swooning. Third, all the girls at school scare me."

"If I remember correctly we both feel because you bumped into me! And, I don't scare you?" I ask.

"Don't change the subject. Going back to number 3. Yes, out of all those snotty and judgy girls, I choose you. And all this insecurity is stupid." He stops pacing and looks at me and says, "You're beautiful."

"If you knew me you would know that that is not what I'm insecure about," I say plainly. He stands up and begins pacing around the log again.

"Which brings me to number two. We officially met each other last Friday. And the definition of the term 'just' is 'in the immediate past'. So, no, we didn't 'just' meet each other." He looks to me, exasperatedly, for a response.

"Officially?"

"Ha!" He exclaims. Then he sits next to me. He lowers his voice and says, "I'll get to that later." I look to him confused. "Okay, now can we please discuss Number one?"

"Okay."

"What did you mean, 'There is no such thing as love?" He asks.

"Look, Dieter, I meant what I said. There is no such thing as 'Love', my parents taught me that. 'Love' is just another term for the feeling of overwhelming endorphins someone might feel while around another person they are attracted to. It's a social construct. No one 'loves' another person, they are just attracted to another's looks or behaviors," I say looking at the ground.

"Your parents are divorced, right?" he asks. I nod my head. "Well, I'm very sorry about that."

"It's fine, my mom left, without caring what happened to me. Big whoop."

"Well, you might not think so now, but later on you won't. You should try to contact her. Cherish her, before its too late."

"Yeah, well I can't its almost illegal," I say.

"Almost."

"Ha ha ha!" I laugh lightly. 

"That was the most adorable laugh I have ever heard," He says, staring into my eyes, again.

I begin to blush again. Then, I realize how close I am to him. I look up at him and his deep blue eyes. He leans in closer to me, I do the same. He runs his hand through my hair, then, pulls me even further into his embrace. My lips on his. My hand can feel how hot his cheeks are from blushing. I try to move closer when my foot slips and we both fall into the sand, breaking us apart. We both sit up laughing.

"Ha, ha! Well, that was something."

"Yes. It was." He says. He begins to stare into my eyes again.

"Oh, no you don't," I say standing straight up and turning toward the Lake.

"What?" He asks standing up and walking to me.

"Don't stare at me with those eyes! We might do something stupid, again."

"Well, I'll try to stop staring at you, but even if it kills me, I will never stop doing "stupid" things, especially with you."

"You are an idiot, Dieter Becker-Wulff," I tell him blushing.

"And you are amazing, Emma Allen."