Warmth ❧ Boku No Hero Academia

Fluff {Comfort} Hawks x Y/N

~~~

He took off his shoes as he walks into your shared apartment. Frames of memories hanging on the walls as he passed through the living room down the hallway and into your shared room.

"Songbird? I'm home."

He calls out to you a few times before getting a muffled response from under the covers. "I'm here."

The blond notices the pieces of dirty clothing that seemed to have been thrown on the ground. The pieces of unfinished art along with rough stetches on your desk scattered everywhere.

Lastly, he notices how you're curled into a ball at the edge of the bed. Even though it's a queen sized bed with plenty of space, it seemed as if you were trying to conserve heat.

Like you were trying to make up for warmth that isn't there.

His wings are folded in as he walks over to you, sitting on the bed and watches as you flinch slightly at the new presence. A cold breeze of loneliness blocking you from the warmth you craved.

"Babybird, what's wrong?" he asked.

His voice sounded just as you remembered it and you were glad—relieved—to hear him. You took the blanket off of your head, whispering softly.

"I'm cold."

He gets under the covers with you and allows you to snuggle into his chest, covering your upper body with his large arms. You lay in silence for a little bit, just enjoying being in the other's presence after being away from each other for so long.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I guess.... I just don't have the motivation to do anything anymore, especially without you here."

He hums in response, rubbing circles of comfort on your back. Warmth and reassurance forcing its way into your body as you lay with Keigo.

"It's hard to continue doing everything that I do and working and going out. It's hard to talk to people as if I don't have problems. It's hard to even just wake up and get out of bed," you groaned, feeling your voice shake as you talk to him. "I don't want to do anything anymore and I feel so alone at the end of it all. I feel like I'm doing everything for no reason—no gain."

Tears threaten to fall from your eyes and you try to hold it in but they fall without permission. You can't helo but sob, frustrated and angry with yourself for feeling so vulnerable.

"It's okay," he says, just holding you closer.

He lets go of you and brings you up to look at him. He holds your cheek and wipes away the tears of frustration that stream down your face with his thumbs.

You felt frustrated at the world for not showing you mercy and you felt frustrated in yourself for not being able to handle it. You wanted to prove that you could handle it but instead you're here crying in your boyfriend's arms when he just got back from a four-week away mission.

"If you don't have the motivation to do anything right now. Then just take it slow, do things that make you happy," he says, as you nod. "I'm back and I'm here for you when you need me. You're not alone in what you're feeling okay?"

You nod again, sniffling as tears continue to stream down your face as you're rapidly wiping them away.

"I love you (Y/N)," he whispers as he kisses your forehead. "It's okay now."

Eventually, you cry yourself to sleep again but instead of you being cold and curled into yourself, Keigo made sure that his warmth wrapped around you.

When you woke up the next day, you saw Hawks still laying with you in his arms, eyes wide open and staring past you.

"What time is it?" you yawned.

"It's 11:27," he replied, kissing your forehead.

"It's late," you said, lightly hitting your head against his hard chest. "why didn't you wake me up?"

"You looked tired last night so I let you sleep in. I don't have work until evening so I don't mind cuddling in bed for the morning," he smiled, peppering your face with kisses.

You felt lightheaded and remembered that you cried like a baby last night. "I'm sorry babe. You just came home last night and I-"

"Sh sh," he shushed you. "there's nothing to apologize for. I'm your boyfriend and I love you no matter what, okay?"

You nod again and kiss him before slowly getting out of bed to get ready for the day. Keigo took you out for lunch... breakfast?

Brunch.

You both just went to a Popeyes. You were wearing a hoodie, cap, and sunglasses so that no one could recognize you, if you were spotted.

No one really seemed to disturb the two of you as you walked to the nearby chicken place. The two of you ate lunch and it mostly consisted of Hawks and you being together, doing what you wanted.

Your final activity for the day consisted of the two of you going to a roof and he held you as he flew you through the air. The sunset painting the sky in hues of oranges and pinks with yellow inbetween.

His crimson red wings setting a perfect contrast with the pastel colored sky as he smiled happily down at you.

Suddenly, all of your worries washed away as you flew in Hawks' arms. It felt like you were starting all over with a clean slate.

Flying over the city in the arms of your red winged lover, your smile widened into the sunset, excited for what tomorrow would bring.