Mint Chip Cookies ❧ Haikyuu

Angst UshiTen (Ushiwaka x Tendou)

~~~

"Wakatoshi-kun!!"

The brunette haired male turned to his best friend's voice calling his name, getting smacked right in the face with a volleyball. The red head slowed to a stop in front of Ushijima, giggling as he helped him up.

"That's not like you Ushijima," Semi said, coming over to aid him.

"I'm sorry, I'll be more attentive from now on," he said, bowing slightly.

"Sure... sure..." Semi nodded, walking away.

He back glanced at Tendou and Ushijima, not going unnoticed by Tendou as he began to talk to the ace.

"What did you need Satori?" the spiker asked.

"I- uh... well..." Tendou sputtered, looking back at Semi who was sneaking glances at his friend, at his crush.

To be honest, he had finally gotten the balls to confess to Wakatoshi after getting a peptalk from Sugawara, Daichi, Akaashi, and Bokuto but after remembering that Semi was currently crushing on him, he was a little intimidated and scared to follow through.

'I'm already here and it's not like it's a big deal. You just want to get over him Satori,' he mentally scolded himself. 'Confess then move on.'

"So I-I love you," the red head blurted out.

"I love you too Satori," Ushijima replied with a warm smile. "we wouldn't be friends if we didn't at least care for each other."

Tendou felt his heart shatter into a million pieces.

"W-Wakatoshi, I d-" he stopped himself, looking at the man across the room who was helplessly in love with wing spiker.

"What's wrong?" the brown haired male asked with wide, oblivious eyes.

"Nothing... it's nothing, let's go to the others," Tendou ushered Ushijima to the others who were currently talking about game plays and strategies.

It's fine, he said what he needed to say. It's fine.

Being best friends with Wakatoshi.

That's how it should be.

~~~

"Satori..." the wing spiker started, sitting next to middle blocker as he was taking a water break. "I think I'm in love with Semi."

He had the urge to spit out his water and tell him to stop talking to him. To tell him to never speak to him again but the problem was that was, he couldn't.

Tendou valued Ushijima and the team way too much to mess it all up because of feelings that would probably go away after high school.

Instead, he stopped drinking his water bottle and gave him a smile. "Good for you Wakatoshi, I'm sure everything will work out the way you want them to."

He gave him a pat on the back and got up. "I'm going to head to the bathroom real quick."

Off he went, tears streaming down his face, unbeknownst to the team. When he got to the bathroom he splashed his face with cold water and gave himself a mental peptalk.