ii

Welcome to O'Block

DAYVON BENNETT

"Forever in my heart lil nigga." I spoke lowly rubbing my fathers headstone. "I love you folks."

I stood up walking away slowly before making my way to Shondale's gravesite. I laughed lowly tempted to spit at it. I wasn't that disrespectful though.

"Fuck you." I simply said before walking away. I made my way to my car clutching looking around before getting in.

I rode in silence before I made my way back on the block seeing Deuce,Durk,Booka,Reese,Breezy,and our out of town homies Ace and Pooh all on the the block shooting dice. Kids roamed the streets riding on scooters and bikes and playing jump rope. Just another peaceful day in the O.

"Wassup gang." I spoke greeting every one shaking up with them.

"Wassup lil folks." Durk responded back. Outta all my homies I was closer to Durk than anybody.

"Wassup pussy." Reese responded making me laugh lowly. "The block been quiet."

"I know man." I spoke. It was good. We got kids out here everyday and I ain't want no child to die over no senseless ass shit.

"Aye ain't that shorty from yesterday who was with Mikaela geechie opp ass?" Deuce questioned pointing in a direction towards the girl who was with Mikaela opp ass.

"Yeah it is. Hold on foe." I laughed. "AYE!"

MY'AIRI HOOVER

MY'AIRI HOOVER

I walked slowly as I pushed my infant brother Kaiseem in his stroller. My mother had left to go to work and I had to watch him. I continued walking as I heard someone yell behind me. I turned to see that it was the rude boy 'Von' from yesterday. I tried to speed up but in seconds he was standing in front of me.

"I know you heard me." He spoke harshly mugging me.

"I'm sorry I just was trying to get my brother to the park." I spoke lowly rubbing my arm as Kaiseem just babbled on.

"Why the fuck are you over here? I made it pretty clear that I ain't fuck with you or that opp ass cousin of yours." He spoke harshly looking dead in my eyes making me look down.

"I live right there." I spoke pointing to the apartment building where I lived. "I just moved here."

"From where?" He questioned curiously.

"Jacksonville." I spoke lowly lookin is Kai's car seat seeing that he was sleeping.

"Why you move here without doing your research? As long as you hang with that dirty opp ass cousin of yours, you a opp by association lil mama. What's your name?" He questioned looking dead into my eyes.

"My'Airi." I spoke lowly. I was really shy and never good with confrontation. "Please don't call Mikaela dirty because she's far from it."

Right on cue Mikaela and a girl that resembled Von popped up on the corner. Mikaela smiles at me before smiling at Kaiseem.

"Hey cousin." Mikaela smiled giving me a hug. "Hi Von."

"Bitch don't say shit to me." He spoke harshly mugging her. "Kayla what you doing with her?"

"This my friend Von she cool." Kayla shrugged moving hair out her face. "Boy I'm the oldest don't be questioning me."

"You right Kayla." He spoke simply before turning his head back to me. "Gimme your number."

"What?" I questioned lowly before finally looking into his face admiring his features.

"I wasn't asking. Give me your number." He spoke slowly before handing me his phone. I put my number in simply setting my contact name as my'airi🍯. I then handed him his phone back pushing my glasses up on my face. "Ima see you later My'Airi. Bye you two opp bitches."

He then walked back across the street to his friends. I just stared at him before somebody snapped their fingers in my face.

"My brother like you." Kayla spoke smiling at me. "He don't ask names til a bitch tell him she pregnant."

I laughed lowly as we began to have a small conversation.

..................

OUUUU TWO UPDATES ONE DAY. WSPPPP🍯