|Demon in the womb Pt.2|

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathew apologized for his wife's outburst and grabbed the child away from the nurse. He sat down on a chair and called for the two other kids to say hi. The baby had woken up from being carried so rough.
                           (Cough..cough...Lillian)

"Now don't listen to your grandmother's words, she just hasn't taken her daily medicine that's all." He tried to comfort his grandkids, yet the fear on their faces still shown. "Now, look at her wrists closely, see it's just a simple birthmark. Same as your father's.

  "Guess I don't need to worry about Mare being a whore."

Mathew laughed at his own thought. The doctor and the nurses stood there awkwardly. This Monroe and Gardner family is something else.

" Victor, Magnolia, come and see your sister. You can't greet her all the way from there." Chuckled the old man. Victor and his sister shuffled towards the two. Mathew placed the baby into his arms and snorted at how Victor was so stiff from the weight of the baby.

Victor hesitated, nervous about holding his new baby sister up close. Grandma had been telling stories about how that baby will be the end of us. Leading us to our deaths. Just the thought of it had reminded him of the picture Magnolia had shown them.

The dark figure leading those souls to their deaths. He remembered his father telling him it was just rumors and fairytales. But how were they created in the first place?

Could it possibly be true, that someone has the power to end anyone they meet at an instant? What kind of sicko makes up that kind of stuff? The image of the figure wouldn't leave his mind the moment he made eye contact.

His blue orbs staring right back at her eyes, filled with earth's ground. The shade of brown was a color he had never seen before on a person. So cold for such a warm color. The same color of the soil that mother plants the freshly flowers buds in the garden behind the house. Where a place where people like to bury secrets and...

"The same color as the dirt where the dead was buried...The DEAD!!"

Victor squealed and handed back the baby immediately to his grandpa. The thought of the baby's eyes colors the same as where the dead now lay had made him fear the possibility of his grandma's stories being true. But wouldn't that make his father a monster too? They both share the mark of death.

(Honestly, he's making up excuses now 🙄✋)

Guess he wasn't the only one remembering the drawings from that silly book. Lillian sneered at the ugly creep and all of a sudden a name came to mind. She turned towards the papers she'd left on her seat and snatched it up.

Writing down the perfect name for this oh sweet perfect child. After writing down the name, she quickly signs her daughter's name and hands it to the doctor.

"Here, now hurry up and sign your part. Damn it, and when can my angel be able to come home?" she questioned. "well, hurry up will ya. " Lilly demanded. The face the doctor was making was pissing her off. Don't question my naming skills.

The doctor sighed and turned to the others, "Congrats, and welcome Grim Ivory Monroe to the world". You could tell his smile was fake.

Out of all of his years working as a doctor, never in his life had someone name a kid something so cruel and dark. He knew the meaning behind it, after hearing the family's conversation and describing this so-called drawing in a book. He knew the story so well, after all, he was quite familiar with the Grim Reaper. The dark soul that led those to their deaths.