15

I looked back at my own apartment.

Boxes and bags packed, the place was empty and as if even my thoughts echoed in the room, bouncing against the walls.

I inhaled deeply and looked around. Thousands of pictures in my head. Thousand stories replaying again. The first time I've moved in here. All the nights playing games. Recording. Talking with friends, sharing time with them. Sharing little bits of light gray walls with the public.

Three hours — I thought — three hours before the flight.

All the fear, all the doubt and uncertainty flooded away, as if it went down the drain when the key turned around and the door was locked, never to be unlocked again, or rather, not soon.

“So you'll be here around... 1pm.” He said, as if he's making a mental note, his voice filled with excitement.

The flight was scheduled for 9am by GMT which would mean it lands around 1pm by EST. I laughed to myself – almost as if I was travelling back in time, as silly as it sounded.

The ride to the airport, the terminal, the gate, the boarding, it all blurried away when I sat in my seat, pleased to see I got the window seat once again.

The adrenaline rushed through my veins. My heart beat faster and faster and almost as if it was gonna jump out of my chest at any given moment.

My hands shook and I had to hide them under my knees to stop them. The excitement, the fear, the immense happiness all melted into one feeling spreading all over my body.

The plane took off, and all my worries were left abandoned on this side of the Atlantic, leaving only the unfiltered joy to reflect in the blue sparkling water.

~~~~~

“Where are you? I literally can't see you.” I asked my voice shaking with excitement.

“Don't look for me, just stand there. I'll find you. I'll...” He stopped for a moment as if to think. “I'll change your name into Georgewasfound.” He laughed through the phone and my heart leaped.

I stopped moving and just stood in the middle of the busy airport, my shaky hand holding my phone. I looked around but nothing. “Where actually are you? You're probably still at your house, just started coming here.” I joked and laughed. “You forgot!” I teased and laughed.

“Of course I didn't forget, shut u-” His voice was cut off by a sharp inhale.

“What?” I asked still holding my phone. “Dream?” The phone call was over and just as I raised my head to look up from my phone, someone's hands covered my eyes.

I went silent immediately, a smile rising slowly on my face. I raised both my hands and my fingers travelled slowly across their hands. Their fingers, knuckles, wrists – the bracelet. I smiled widely and started moving his hands off of my eyes and as soon as my eyes landed on him, basically launched myself into his arms.

His arms wrapped around me lifting me up and soon I was flying, being spun in circles, my feet barely touching the floor. My laugh was muffled by his jacket, and when he put me down, I didn't let go right away, but instead buried my head deeper into his shoulder while a smile grew on my face.

“I missed you so much.” He said and I pulled away looking at the smile on his face. My eyes travelled across his face, his smile making me smile too, a warm blush on my cheeks. I raised my hand and my fingers danced along his skin, carresing his cheek. “Can I kiss you?”

“Please.” He answered and I stood up on the tip of my toes connecting our lips. Ethereal. The sudden wave of familiar pleasant memories comes back at me, clouding my mind, silencing my thoughts. He tilts his head deepening the kiss and the sweet, lovely taste of his lips makes me break the kiss with euphoria.

Small short breaths in an attempt to steady my breathing quickly turn into a laugh as the realisation hits me and he looks at me and smiles, laughs too and I look into his eyes, the ones I'd so gladly get lost in, and I lose myself once again.

“Let's go home.” He says and picks up my bag before taking a step forward but I stand still not moving.

Home...” The word left my lips as a whisper and he turned around and smiled reassuringly, holding out his hand. I look at him, down at his hand, open for mine, and then back at him before taking a step forward and letting our fingers intertwine.

“Home.” He repeated and rubbed the small part of my hand gently with his thumb before I inhaled deeply and we both took a step forward, walking to his car, walking to our home.

While the clouds were rolling up high in the sky, and my gaze travelled through the window to the bluish ocean, I smiled at the thought coming into my mind: Home; not where you're from, but where you're welcome.

I'm standing now in front of the door, waiting for him to unlock it, but instead of unlocking it, he turns around and reaches into his pocket before taking out a key and handing it to me. I smile, wide eyed and take the key in my hand before taking a step closer and unlocking the door.

I step inside, the oh so familiar scent of the place surrounding me and all the memories left here are now coming back and the nostalgic feeling is now quieted down because with every step the warm welcoming feeling is replacing it.

With every step, the bright walls surrounding me, the place is warmer, brighter, nicer. Wider, and the walls as if they're ready to listen to the new chapter of our story; to listen to all the secrets going to be shared, all the songs sung, the laughter, the jokes, the story. Our story. The story of the two, who loved, adored each other, before they even met.  Before they even saw, touched, felt each other. The story of the two who didn't let the Atlantic separate them.

The inseparable duo, in an inseparable trio, in an inseparable group of five, ten, fifteen, twenty people, all around the world, not letting the time and the distance separate them. That's our story.

By the time we washed our hands and changed into some more comfortable clothes, I was standing in the middle of the room when he came up behind me, his steps almost soundless, and put his arms around me causing me to jump a little.

“You said it's gonna be short.” He said, his breath warm on my neck.

“Wasn't it?” I asked, trying to brighten the atmosphere.

“It was forever.”

Forever.

A familiar thought came into my mind:

Forever. Is forever even long enough to spend with you?

___________________________________________

Hello!

Gentle reminder to drink water, eat a snack or take your medicine if you need to

I wish you a nice day/night!

– Indie

[if any of you knows where “Can I kiss you?” “Please.” is from, just tell me how many time did you read/watch it, and how many times did you bawl your eyes out?]