Chapter 18

Sarah's POV

Today was the day of my baby shower after I had told all my friends that I didn't want one. They insisted that they give me one. Abby was more than happy to help with the planning process. But I couldn't be less excited, I was worried about our baby girl. It would be months before I would give birth, but I'm still so nervous. Even after Abigail, I thought this would be easier, no it wasn't. The complications, the miscarriages, the thought of possibly saying goodbye to another baby scared me.

But there was joy in today as well, as I would be surrounded with friends and family and of course the joy on Abby's face as we celebrate her little sister. And to see Brendon of course, as we celebrate our little Gracie. There is a reason why we chose this name too. Gracie meaning favor; a blessing is perfect for her, as she is a blessing to us. To Brendon, myself, and of course Abigail.

As I was still in our bedroom I hear footsteps from downstairs. As I hear the footsteps grow closer I hear the door creak open to find Brendon and Abigail walk in with breakfast in bed. "Brendon, you know how I feel about this". I sighed. "It wasn't my idea, Sarah". Brendon replied. I looked over to Abigail to find her now setting the bed tray with a plate filled with eggs, bacon, and of course waffles with strawberries which is a family favorite. "I made us our special breakfast, now eat up. Gracie is hungry". Abigail greeted me as she propped herself up on the bed next to me.

"This was your idea, Abby"? I asked. "Yes mom, today is your big day, well Gracie's big day". Abigail replied. "Abigail, she's not even here yet and you are already showing that you're being a great big sister". I replied as I ate the food. "Have you and your dad eaten already"? I asked. "Yes, we have". Brendon replied. "She's gonna love waffles with strawberries". Abigail added. "Of course she is, she's a Urie after all". I replied as I finished up the food.

It was almost time for me to get up and get ready for the shower as Brendon and Abigail set up for the decorations and got everything ready. His family came down here to help, but honestly, I was fine without one. I had a small shower for Abigail, but this one they wanted to make it big, and of course Abigail excitedly agreed to it. So this is why Brendon's family all came down. His mom, dad, sisters, and brothers all came down here. His mom is honored that we are naming our baby after her. After all, Gracie is an extension of the name Grace.

I didn't expect them to all come out here in the mountains though. It was a long venture especially since all our other friends are still in California. But they were excited about the news of our baby and wanted to come, after all, it's been a long time since they've seen us since moving out here.
***

Abigail's POV

Abigail's POV

Do babies need parties this big? I asked myself as I was setting up everything. Of course, they do! I replied to myself as I began placing the gold balloons that spelled out the word "BABY" behind the table that would have the plates, cups, food, and the cake that would be served at the party. I must admit the whole thing was a beautiful setting. Especially after seeing everything coming together. My dad walked outside with a pink blazer jacket and pants with a black shirt. I must admit seeing my dad in pink was a rare occurrence but when he did wear it, he made it look good. "Abigail, come inside your grandma wants you". My dad motioned for me to go back inside the house. It had been so long since I've talked to my grandmother, she, of course, doesn't know about how I went on tour with my dad and she wouldn't be happy if she ever found out. "Oh, and if she asks, say no. She doesn't need to know you went on the road with me". My dad said as I made my way back inside.