Chapter 6 - Results

Hello everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR !

May 2021 bring you happiness and good fortune.

Take care !

________________________________

That guy was good. That guy was really good. His shots were deathly accurate and powerful. When Astrid was in one part of the court, he would automatically aim the point that was the farthest away from her.

The first rally was quite short, but the next ones were getting longer and longer. And he was looking at her in a way that wasn't good. That guy was definitely observing her movements and taking mental notes of how she was moving.

And Astrid was growing worried.

It had been a long time since she had played seriously, and her easy win against John had made her quite confident. That was not good. Unfortunately for her, the height difference was also not in her favour, and she was getting tired more easily than him because he had to move less to reach the ball. The score was three to two in her favour when suddenly, his playing style... changed.

He served, she send the ball back, and when she started running to go where she thought he would shoot... she felt the ball in her back.

She stared at the mark it left on the floor : Silas had sent the ball at the position she was in before

She stared at the mark it left on the floor : Silas had sent the ball at the position she was in before. Hadn't she moved, she would have been able to return it.

Was that just a lucky guess from him ?

He served, and the same situation happened... again.

Once again, he shot the ball toward the position she was in just before. How did he knew that she was going to move ?!

"Seriously ?! Keep calm, Astrid. Just try something else."

This time, the girl did not move. But Silas changed his strategy again, and aimed away from her. Now she was sure of it : he was able to pinpoint what move she was gonna make with a terrifying accuracy. The score was now five to three, and Silas was winning. Only two points left, and she would have lost the match.

Wasn't there any mean to foil his analysis ?

Astrid tried to dupe him, but he was not stupid. He predicted that she'd go to her left... and then ran to her right to try and catch him off guard.

He won another point.

Only one point left.

- You're not gonna lose this match, are you ? Gritted a voice on her right.

She didn't even look at him, knowing fully who it was. Was Percy never gonna let her live her life in peace ? She bit her bottom lip, and tightened her grip on her racket, as if she was trying to not throw it on the black-haired guy that was on the other side of the fence.