Chapter 4 (The Search)

It's Sunday.
I stepped out of the framed door already set for Church. The air was quite warm and I loved it.
The sun was shining brightly and gracefully with the birds chirping sweetly as though saying, today was going to be a great day. And yes, it was quite calm and I was just standing outside the door enjoying every moment with eyes closed; daydreaming of a land without worries.

"Amanda! Amanda!!" My mum called out.

"Y-yes mum?" I stammered. I was so caught up in my dreams that I didn't realize my mum walked past me.

"What are you doing just standing there? Come on! You can't just stand there all day, we're gonna be late for Church."

"Ok ma!" I said as i walked towards the direction of the car. I paused as though trying to remember something and took two step backwards before looking at my mum apologetically.
"Oh! I forgot something...uhh...my Bible. Wait mum! I'll be back in a minute.

"Oh come on! We're gonna be__"

"Pls just a minute, I promise" I ran quickly into the house and headed straight for my bedroom. I knew my mum was growing impatient because we were already thirty minutes late. I caused it actually-my sleeping habits caused it. Sometimes I guess it's not my fault that I had such habits. Maybe it was passed on, you know; hereditary stuff. I'm sure my mum or maybe dad had such habits. I Probably inherited it from one of them. Who knows? I just can't resist sleeping, I just can't. I remember last year June, when I was sleeping in church during sermon, I heard the word "stand up!" and I quickly stood up. The whole crowd turned towards me and I could sense they were amazed. I saw Ciara looking at me and was gesturing something with her fingers in the air, but I couldn't make of it what she was trying to tell me because I was still feeling sleepy. All I knew, I was the only one standing up and it was too late to sit.

"Come forward" The pastor said.
I came forward gently.

"So you want to give us a million dollars! The pastor said to my amazement.

I could hear a roar of laughter resounding in the church. Even now, i still hear the laughter in my ears, it was a pretty awkward situation.

"Amanda!" My mum shouted from outside.

"Just a minute mum" I had literary searched everywhere but couldn't find it. "Where could it be? where could it...be?" I raised my eye brows trying to remember where I dropped it. I became frustrated and decided to stop the search since I was already late for Church. I went outside and locked the door behind me, heading right for the car.

"Hope you have the house keys?" My mum asked as I got into the car.

"Yes mum" I sighed, putting my sit belts on.

"And did you see what you were looking for?" My mum put on her sit belts and started the car.

"No I didn't". I looked through the window as the car drove past our house. "I wonder where I could have kept it" I sounded a little sad than I actually felt.

"Don't worry. We'll look for it together when we get back from church. For now, you can use mine" My mum placed one hand on the steering wheel and handed me the Bible that was by her side. "You can use mine for now"

"Hmm...no, I can use my phone. I have a Bible app" I took my phone from my purse and smiled at her drily.

----------------------------