broken mentality

(TW: MENTIONS OF ANXIETY AND ABUSE, LIGHT SWEARING)

   George. Nothing seems off about him. To the average eye, he just looks like he wants to be alone. He may be quiet, but everyone is at some point in their lives. To the average eye, he's am average guy(AYO did you like that rhyme). George, though, is not the average guy. Quite literally, he is the exact opposite.

   George woke up at 6 am, sweating profusley onto his cotton bed sheets. A nightmare. Again. The funny thing is, it is always the same exact nightmare, but with different outcomes. The nightmare George has had since he was nine years old still manages to find new ways to break George down, piece by piece. George yearns for the day the nightmares come to an utter stop. He yearns for the day where he isn't reminded of the burning pain inside of his heart. He yearns for peace.

   George has always struggled mentally. He has severe anxiety, which is understandable from his perspective. The average person would be worried if he didn't have anxiety. George not only gets attacked physically and mentally by the people from his pristine high school, but also gets drained the same way by his own father. His mother abandoned him when he was a little boy, taking away one of his only motivations to keep surviving; his sister.

   His sister and himself were very close. To be fair, they had to be close. They were each other's protection system, not only from their father, but from their own minds. George has always had a sense of discomfort with himself. He struggled just looking at himself in the mirror because he wasn't comfortable in his own skin. George never had an escape until his sister. They looked out for each other, even when they got into arguments. Those arguments never lasted long; they couldn't last long. Not when their father was around.

   George still misses his sister. In some ways, there will always be a part of George's heart missing. His sister was like the last puzzle piece to George's complex puzzle. His heart will always ache, will always yearn for his sister to come back. How George has dealt with every pain-filled thing?

Incredible is an understatement.

   The nightmare George has, understandably, revolves around his sister. George always wakes up in a forest, surrounded by the, what seemed to be, infinite evergreens as the moon shined down on his pasty skin. Every time George tries to speak in this alternate reality, his words get stuck, constantly trying to escape the dreadful prison that is his throat. Instead of the words coming out of George's mouth, violent screams surround him from every tree. the screams are from his sister. George has always tried to find his sister through the thick evergreens, yet he has only found his sister a couple of times. Those times...he wishes he never followed the screams.

   That night, he hadn't found his sister through the dark forest, and in some ways, George is relieved. relieved he doesn't have to see his sister being tortured by the shadow man, well, at least that's what George calls him.

   fuck I'm gonna be late 

   George races to get out of his comfortable bed and takes a shower. He hops out the shower and  puts on a light gray hoodie with black sweat pants. He vigorously brushes his teeth and silently goes down stairs. His father is laying on the couch, motionless, next to too many empty beers to count...like always.

   He grabs his bag and quietly exits the door, trying not to disturb his sleeping father; Not that it would matter anyways. He was out like a light. George sighs and sprints down the side walk, hoping to catch the bus. He hates taking the bus, but there's nothing else he can do. His father is clearly not in a state to drive, and his bike was taken by his father for "disciplining purposes". Thankfully, George caught the bus in time. He put his hood up, put his headphones on, and took a seat near the front, praying no one sits next to them. He isn't ready for the torment that is bound to happen. 

   George starts playing the song Yellow by Coldplay. It reminds him of his sister. George knows the meaning to the song; everyone does. He never realized he even had a "yellow".(A/N a yellow is someone who makes you happy:)) Until now. George's eyes widen as he starts to realize that his sister was his yellow. His sister was his happiness.

   He lost his happiness.

   As the vulnerable tears started filling George's chestnut eyes, he wiped them away considerably quick, not wanting to deal with the ridicule on the bus ride to school. As he turned up the song on his phone, he felt a thump next to him. As he looked over to see who was sitting next to the short brunette, he recognized the dirty blond hair, he recognized the emerald eyes, he recognized the signature lime green hoodie. Of course he recognized his terrorizer.

   "Hey Georgie," Dream said, with an evil smirk arriving on his face.

   This is going to be a long day.

(872 words)

A/N hey guys!!! This wasn't the longest chapter and I apologize, BUT there will be considerably longer chapters in the future! This is going to be the main story I work on for now and I hope you guys enjoy! Just a reminder THIS STORY IS FICTION so do not assume I am assuming anything about Dream, George, or any of the other people in this story. If George, Dream, or anyone else is even slightly bothered by this story, I will not hesitate to delete it. Enjoy the story:)