Maskless Chapters 1, 2, and 3

Chapter 1

"That was amazing kids," a teacher said as the 5th grade play was over.

All the kids cheered happily as they were given love and support from the teacher. Each child was soon lead to their respective parent or parents and they all chattered happily about the play Jack and the Beanstalk. There was one girl who stood next to the teacher who didn't have a parent or parents to go to. She grabbed her shirt and looked down sadly at the floor sighing softly as her parents didn't even make it to the show.

She was wearing a dark green shirt that was covered wth leaves. She was wearing light brown pants that fit on her just a tad big. Her hair was a mess as she had played the role as part of the beanstalk because of how clumsy she could be. She didn't really mind at all. As long she was a part of the play. But she knew the reason why her parents had completely missed her show.

"Annabelle where are your parents," the teacher asked softly and Annabelle stared up at her with her brown eyes.

"They're at the graduation," Annabelle said softly.

The teacher had decided to put on the play the day the sixth grades were culminating. The teacher had thought that none of them had older siblings who culminated from the school today. Annabelle had an older sister sadly and had to miss the culmination because of her play. She didn't mind really. There was always when you culminated from ninth grade after all.

"Well you can go and find your parents. You know where the gym is right," she asked and Annabelle nodded her head softly.

"Alright Annabelle hope to see you next year," her teacher called out but Annabelle knew she wouldn't really.

She was going to a new elementary school for her sixth grade. She kind of told the truth about where she lived now which prompted that her family would be kicked from the school by the end of the year. She didn't really mind. Of course she would miss her close friend Clara and her other friend Amy. But she would start a new school and hopefully attend the same middle school as they were.

Annabelle walked down the quiet halls. All of the students would either be in their respective classroom or at the gym. She saw the graduation decorations and entered the gym. Annabelle suddenly felt extremely embarrassed as everyone was dressed nicely and she was still in her school uniform along with her messy hair. She quickly spotted her parents that were among the crowd. She gave them a hug and a quick hello; her attention focusing on the sixth grade class who were on the stage.

They were singing a song that she didn't know about. She would hum to the beat because the music sounded so nice in her ears.

"I'm the star up in the sky

I'm the mountain peak up high

Hey I made it, hmm

I'm the world's greatest

I'm that little bit of hope

When my back's against the ropes

I can feel it, hmm

I'm the worlds greatest."

That was the main chorus to the song. It burned into Annabelle's memory hoping to one day sing it at her own graduation. After they had finished the song the graduates were allowed to go to their parents and celebrate. She watched as her sister walk down the steps with a certificate in her hand smiling proudly at them.

"Mom look," she said excitedly as she showed them her award.

"Wow Paige we're so proud," their mother said hugging her tightly.