xi

---

Things were different after Alissa joined forces with Remi again; it was as if the short period of time they'd spent apart had somehow altered the way they saw each other. Alissa was aware that she didn't find Remi quite as insufferable as before, and she felt like the other woman was being kinder to her as well. The change was good, even if Alissa didn't quite understand what had transpired between them.

After the fiasco of going her own way, Alissa had decided that maybe it would be better to settle down somewhere that wasn't so crowded. Maybe she could find a small cottage somewhere in the woods; she could learn how to properly hunt, to find just the right berries and plants to eat. She would find her place in the world. And maybe Remi could help her achieve that.

As the bandit glanced her way and smiled almost timidly, Alissa realized that she truly wouldn't mind seeing more of the woman at least for a little while.

---

"So you... looked at each other?" Jisoo asked, trying to fully grasp why Lisa was currently explaining this particular story to her. Simultaneously, she hailed the bartender for another pint.

"Yes!"

"I'm not following."

"Seriously?" Lisa pressed the heels of her palms to her eyes and tried again. "Something happened. We looked at each other, and there was a moment like... Remember that movie, Imagine Me and You, that you made me watch, because 'Lisa, this flick has lesbians'? They look at each other and, magically, the world stops and there's nothing but the two of them. They realize they're meant to be, and all that romantic crap."

"I can't believe Lisa I-don't-do-relationships Manoban is referencing a rom-com to me!" Jisoo guffawed, causing Lisa roll her eyes. "If I didn't know better I'd say you're fa-." Suddenly, Jisoo's eyes widened, her beer halting halfway to her lips. "Oh, my Lord, you're falling for her."

"I swear to God, if you turn this into a joke, I'm going to kill you." Lisa could feel her cheeks redden.

"Are you kidding me, I've been waiting for this forever!"

"What?"

"I've been waiting forever for someone to come and sweep your sorry ass off your feet." Jisoo swiftly pulled Lisa into a bear hug. "I can't believe it's Madame Ice, though."

"Don't call her that," Lisa immediately bristled, extricating herself from her best friend. "That's honestly not who she is."

"You're so into her." Jisoo shook her head, sporting a wide smirk, which Lisa decided to ignore.

"So, you understand now what I was trying to say? There was a moment, and I don't know whether I should bring it up, or what," Lisa agonized. "I mean, I told her things I've never told anyone, no offence." Lisa gave an apologetic shrug, seeing Jisoo lift her eyebrow meaningfully. "See, this is why I don't do feelings or relationships!"

"Feelings are a good thing!" Jisoo wrapped her arm around the other woman again and grinned. "But I think you should just wait and see how it all plays out, you know? Just continue to be yourself and things will work out."

"Why does everyone keep telling me to be myself? Have you met me?" Lisa exclaimed, downing the last of her beer and shaking her head when she was offered another one by the bartender.

"Well, for some mysterious reason, your crush seems to like the real you," Jisoo said innocently, earning a punch to the shoulder from Lisa which only made Jisoo cackle.

"I am absolutely delightful, I have you know." Lisa squared her shoulders and puffed out her chest.

"Oh, definitely. And your favorite pastime is to eyefuck pretty ladies in the middle of the Public Garden," Jisoo said innocently, her eyes dancing with merriment.