Chapter 8 - Cock-a-doodle-doo block

Harry's pov

"Cherry! I'm back!" I shout, walking into the house with groceries.

I hear the sound of her music blasting and sigh, setting the groceries down on the counter before making my way upstairs.

I open the door and nearly faint at what I see.

-

"Dad! Dad, stop!" Cherry shouts as I chase Lucas around the house.

I jump over the couch, cutting him off and he looks like he just peed his pants when I come face to face with him.

"I don't wanna die!" He screams, turning around and running into the bathroom, locking the door.

"What is going on?" I hear someone say, turning to see Emma walk in, eating salt and vinegar chips.

"Are those my chips?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows and getting momentarily distracted.

"Why are you trying to murder a child?" She changes the subject.

"Because he was doing bad things with her!" I defend, throwing my arms in the air.

"What bad things were two twelve year olds doing?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"We were making up a secret hand shake." Cherry deadpans, looking over to Emma.

"See! Touching hands! Bad!" I shout, pointing to Cherry as Emma gives me a deadpan expression.

"Move away from the door, Harold." She says and I pout, slumping my shoulders like a child.

"But-"

"Harold." She scolds like a parent and I sigh, moving away from the door.

"You can come out now Lucas." Emma says and the door slowly opens, Lucas poking his head out cautiously.

He glances over and once he sees me he immediately slams the door shut again.

"Good job, you've scarred the kid." She scoffs, going over to open the door again.

Good.

"Lucas, I promise Harry won't hurt you." Emma says and the door opens again and Lucas slowly comes out, eyeing me carefully.

"I'm watching you." I tell him and he visibly gulps.

"Dad, we're just friends. I promise." Cherry says and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I mumble, crossing my arms over my chest.

I don't care if I'm being overprotective. She is too young and she is still a baby. There is no way I'm letting Lucas corrupt her.

She's an innocent little butterfly.

"Not like I could do anything since you're such a cockblock." I hear Cherry murmur and I snap my head towards her.

I take back what I said about the butterfly thing.

"What did you just say?" I say, seeing Lucas standing next to her blushing and both their eyes widen in fear.

"I meant um...Cock-a-doodle-doo block?" She tries to save, but quickly realizes I'm about to murder someone. "Run!"

They both bolt up the stairs and I go to chase them, but something trips me and I fall onto the floor with a groan, turning on my back to see Emma standing there with a disapproving look.

"You need to stop." She shakes her head at me.

"Did you hear her!" I shout, motioning towards the stairs they just ran up.