Chapter 14 - Lots of herpes

"Why are we at a club?" I ask, looking up at the bright neon sign.

"To have fun." Harry shrugs, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the doors.

I furrow my eyebrows in concern, wondering why he seems to so desperately want to get drunk, but shrug it off, knowing her probably just wants to have fun.

Once we walk through the doors I immediately am hit with the smell of weed and alcohol. Harry leads me to the bar and orders shots, not taking any time to lead up to it.

"Okay. 1, 2, 3, go!" Harry says throwing back the shot and when he isn't looking I dump mine in another guys come, pretending to since at the taste when Harry looks back to me.

I don't want to drink tonight if Harry is since last time we both got drunk it didn't end well. Besides, someone needs to get him home.

"Woo! Let's dance!" Harry shouts, throwing back another shot and yanking my hand, almost pulling my arm out of it's socket.

Jesus fuck, what is up with him?

"Calm down, H." I say, but he ignores me, dancing to the Katy Perry song playing.

"California girls.. we're unforgettable... daisy dukes.. bikinis on top.." He sings, swaying his hips as people start to glance over at him.

He looks over to me, his eyebrows furrowing when he realizes I'm not dancing.

"Dance with me!" He shouts over the music.

"I'm actually going to go get a drink!" I reply.

"It's okay, I'll get it for you." He replies and I nod, watching him walk over to the bar and order multiple shots, most of them for him.

Okay, this isn't like him at all. He's acting all weird getting drunk like this and I really hope it isn't because of me.

I've been thinking about this whole situation and I honestly don't know what to do. I don't want him to be in a marriage when he's not happy, but I don't want to be with him and then leave.

I don't know how Cherry feels about all this either, she hasn't said anything about it since that day. I wonder if she hates me because of it. What if she thinks I'm trying to ruin her parents life?

I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but I can't help it. I have barely even been addressing the fact that I'm dying, I'm so focused on everything else. I know it's not good for me, but I'd rather focus on something else than my cancer.

I look over to check what Harry is doing and see a girl laughing next to him, touching his arm and I can see the pain looked on his face, but he covers it with a smile to not be rude.

I walk over and the girl glances at me, her eyes looking me up and down, but not in a rude way, more in an admiring way.

"Hi." I say and Harry turns to look at me, smiling that I came to save him.

"You're so pretty. Who are you?" She asks.

"I'm Emma, Harry's friend." I smile.

"Oh, good. You're both single." She says, biting her lip as she looks at Harry up and down and then me up and down.

"Actually, I have a wife." He says and her eyes widen.

"I thought you were gay."

"But...- you just-..." I say, pointing at her confused and she just shrugs.

"I got to go find my bunny now. Talk to you guys later." She gives a sweet smile before running to the crowd.

Harry and I just blink at her empty seat with confused looks.