Chapter 2

2 days

"Iwa-chann!" Groaned Oikawa. "I only have 2 more days till I don't see you!"

  "Don't say that. We'll still be talking and stuff. It's not like we won't see each other ever again."

"So," Oikawa gave a smug smile at Iwaizumi. "You're heading to the United States for a certain major, correct?"

"What makes you think that? Could be anything you know! New language.. culture.... and," he paused. Oikawa's smile grew larger.

"You're a terrible liar, Iwa-chan."

"Shut up."

"Fine, Iwa-chan won't tell me what he's working on, but I'll figure it out one day! I'll even tell you my major!"

"Literally everyone knows what it is, Oikawa." Of course it was obvious. Oikawa had loved singing and music ever since he was a kid, so obviously everyone had to know.

"Rude! But I'm not the one being mysterious and going to another country, am I!" Oikawa then earned a smack to the head

1 day

"IWA-CHANNNN!!" Yelled Oikawa as he ran up to Iwaizumi. "Don't even think about leaving before you say goodbye to your best friend!"

"I still have one day though? Jeez, learn your dates. I won't be leaving till late tomorrow anyways, so stop your screaming."

"But.. I'll still see you at the airport, right?" Iwaizumi have Oikawa a strange look.

"Of course. What kind of goodbye would that be if we can't even be there for each other when I leave?" Iwaizumi said giving him a reassuring smile.

"Besides, you're only going to Tokyo for your university so you won't be too lonely. Tell me if you meet need people, kay?" Sure Iwaizumi would have to meet new people when he's away, but he got news that Ushijima would be heading to the US for studies as well.

  As much as Oikawa felt nice to know that Iwaizumi had company, he felt somewhat jealous. He had always thought Ushijima's deep and monotone voice was amazing even if it wasn't everyone's favorite. Oikawa always felt as if Ushijima's voice could make anyone fall in love with him. He would love to sing with him one day, but never felt like admitting it with anyone. Not even Iwaizumi.

  "Yeah," answered Oikawa quietly. "And you'll do the same, right?"

  Iwaizumi nodded. They told each other everything so it wouldn't be much different to tell each other if they've met new people or not.

0 days

A loud yelling could be heard behind Iwaizumi. He was waiting at the train station for Oikawa so that they could both head to the airport together.

  "IWAAAA!!" Yelled Oikawa. Most of the attention was now on them.

  "Quiet down would you," Iwaizumi said annoyed.

  "How can I? You're gonna leave me!"

  "How many times do I have to tell you? It's only for a few months till I come back and visit Japan."

  The two had talked for some time until a figure had appeared from behind.

  "Good evening Iwaizumi, Oikawa. I didn't expect you to be here." Said Ushijima with a monotone voice.

  "Oh shut up, Iwa-chan had probably already told you I would be here."

  Although it hadn't seemed like it, Oikawa was able to tell Ushijima sarcasm through his empty voice. He's heard and talked to Ushijima enough times to know what he sounds like when he jokes around or not.

  "Yes, I've been told. I'm guessing you're coming with us to the airport?" Ushijima asked. But of course he knew. He's known both Oikawa and Iwaizumi long enough to know exactly how close they are with each other. They've always stuck by each other through their ups and downs. Although Iwaizumi was the rough one, everyone knew it was because of his care for Oikawa. Well, maybe not everyone knew this.

"Course I am! I wanna be there to see him one last time," said Oikawa confidently.

"And not me? So mean," joked Ushijima. Although everyone sees him almost as a robot, Oikawa and Iwaizumi has seen the side of him that isn't as robotic as everyone else sees him as. Oikawa is the one who mostly observes him though. Iwaizumi calls it his fanboy phase but Oikawa calls it his "studying."

"Hey you two, the train's here," interrupted Iwaizumi. As the the train arrived, all three had sat down until they had reached their destination.

~~ • ~~

"Aahhh Iwa-chan!! I'm gonna miss you so much!" whined Oikawa. He then gave a glare at Ushijima. "And I guess I'll miss you too.." he mumbled.

  Ushijima gave him a small smile and nodded.

  So, this is it, hm? Thought Oikawa. Sure, he knew his friendship with Iwaizumi wasn't ending at all, but deep down he felt as if it was. What is this feeling?