Pt. 16

"WEAK A@# F@&*!!!"

WHAX!!

Another bill punctuated Rochelle's roar. Veronica was huddled behind the jetski now, she contemplated paddling over to the busted up boat and hiding in there. Actually, she absolutely would have, if her body would let her. Searing pain married with shock meant the most she could do realistically was cling to the jetski to stop herself from drowning.

Pieca sh*%! Veronica cursed herself. Fate had caught up to her, it was only a matter of time. The world was hot. Overwhelmed was an understatement. This girl was going to kill her.

She grabbed at the whistle and blew a soundless tone.

Rassh$*@!

It wasn't that she thought anything would come of it, this was Madness after all. It was the embarrassment of being in a situation where she would even need to try. Was she really that helpless?

"F@$#!"

BLAM!!!

Now there was a new hole in the carbon fiber shell of the jetski, about the size of Veronica's fist.

So you cuh move only to do nonsense huh! She scolded her body. Ya ain nain like yuh mudda...look at dis, cuh neva be!

She really was hopeless.

The only person who hated Veronica more than herself chimed in, cackling from afar at the girl's frustration. Rochelle began moving in, threatening cane bill in hand. Contrived twang spilled and twisted from her mouth. Demanding she be heard, but not shouting.

"You know I LOVE you? I always did. I love you so much to point out you is a fraud Veronica. Born a fraud. Not you fault. I point it out. I SAY it. I know you don't got nobody fooled...but me? I'll SAY it open I don't care who chocho them say you come from...LOOK at you! You should see your face. Your MOTTTHHHER should see it. De world lost a F*&%ing HERO, for DIS SH%$!!! From orientation I could smell it on you, that you didn't belong here, I could smell the dirty village on you, I KNOW where you come from, no false yankee accent can hide that, no straightenuh can hide yuh twiggy picky picky 'air, give up pan de soap too. Look. At. You. You KNOW where you should be and you refuse to stay in you place and me waan know wha de F*#% give you gall to tink you 'ave right to-

She caught herself and took a moment to return to her attempt at "the queen's english".

"I'd have kick you off from day one, but the Dean has a thing for playing with garbage...AND MI FATHER!? Can you believe he told me look out for you!?? When I first saw you...I knew 'im did F#%$ING JOKING!!! MOWLY GOLD DIGGING WHORE!!?"

Veronica watched the girl's head grow redder as it bobbed about, she was far away but she looked close to tears. Soap? Gold digger?

De hell dis c#$% talking bout!?

As perplexed as she was, part of it was to distract from the pain. She'd never bleached, never touched a man, but the first part...she knew the first part was about her. She could feel it choking her, making tears well up. What did Rochelle know about where she came from?

Bougie Jamaicie red cu#&!...JACK@$$!!

If her limb's weren't trembling from the anxiety or fear or whatever it was freezing her in place, she'd smack the words out that girl's mouth.

"'IM COULD NEVA RESPECK SMADDY LIKE YOU! 'IM 'ATED 'ER!! ME KNOW 'IM DID IT! EMBARRASSED!! LOOK AT YOOOUUU! 'OW 'IM SQUEEZE ME NOSE! MI RASCLATT NOSE SEH 'IM NUH WANT IT BROAD SUH!! NUH WANT IT FAVUH SOW AND LOOK AT YOU!!! HERO!? 'IM TINK SEY I AM DAMN EEDIAT TO LOOK UP TA Y-"