Chapter 7

My alarm screeched next to my ear and I jolted awake, sitting up stock straight. Upon finding the source of the terrible noise, I shut it off and threw off my sheets. I clapped on my lights and threw on some jean-breeches and a rust-red collared polo. My Mountain Horse boots were still in the car, so I slipped on a white pair of socks and my Sperrys.

My hair was a mess, naturally. I tried to comb out the brunette strands so they looked decent, but to no avail. Giving up, I just threw it up in a high ponytail, not really caring. It was just the stable. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, where my aunt greeted me and slid a plate of whole grain chocolate chip waffles towards me.

"Thanks." I mumbled, shoving as much as I possibly could into my mouth at once. I finished and ran back upstairs, packing a running bag with my shorts, tank top, and Nike running shoes.

By the time I was downstairs and okay to go with phone in hand, my aunt was walking out the door.

"Oh good. I almost thought you weren't coming." She stated flatly. My aunt wasn't exactly a morning person. We drove to the stable in silence, broken only by my aunt sipping her coffee.

The stable lights shone beautifully, and the horses stuck their heads out of the stalls. My aunt parked her truck right in front, and we got out, unloading the truck in trips. I got the saddle, bridle, lead rope, and halter, as well as a couple of saddle pads as my aunt got some more saddle pads, my practice helmet, and my boots. Marcus went out to get the rest.

Following my aunt through a tack room, she opened a door leading to a tack room of almost perfect reflection of the last. Walking through that tack room, my aunt opened the door and led me inside a lounge area with four enormous tack lockers, one in each corner. They were marked with plaques.

~CINDY~

~ARTHUR~

~MARCUS~

~SARRA~

"Your locker is in here" my aunt commented, after noticing me looking frantically for my locker. She opened a door, and inside was another locker of equally ginormous size, along with a couch and table, accompanied by a mini fridge. It was a relatively small area, with a window overlook. I gawked as my aunt started putting my stuff in my locker.

"Are you going to carry that around all day?" She called, going to find Marcus and help him. I opened the locker door and put my saddle on the rack and the pads on the locker door. On the locker door inside, there was a small white board with a simple message

---------------------------------------------

Wednesday:
Marcus will give you a driving lesson
Ride Kate
Do your running
See what you can do to help.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sighed, figuring I should go see Kate. I walked out of my little private room thing, through the lounge, past the various locker rooms, and out into the cold.

////////////////
AAHHHH! It's been so long since I updated! I am so so so so so sorry! I'm trying to tie everything up in a nice bow in one of my other books so I can complete it and start the sequel. Also, I just got an Instagram, so go follow _emily_michele on Instagram because that's me!! I'm soo sorry and I will try to work on updating! XOXO