chapter 9: i'm not waiting on never

Draco's POV----

       It's about one in the morning and the dance is slowly coming to an end. Alexandria and I haven't seen her brother nor Cedric all night. Probably went up to their dorms, and went to bed. Her and I stayed until the last song played along with Potter, Weasley and Hermione, and a couple of other students. As it came to an end I whispered in her ear, Come to my dorm. She looked up at me smiling. We slowly left the Great Hall, walking up the stairs, slowly. We enter my room and I close my door, slowly.

"Draco, I don't have my night gown or anything to sleep in." She says worrying.

      I run over to my dresser and find a random sweater to give her and a pair of my sweatpants that I never wear. I toss it at her, "Put this on." She looks at the clothes as if she's never worn a sweater and pants before. She walks towards the bathroom and locks herself in there. A while later she finally comes out wearing what I gave her.

"So?" I look at her.

"Um, I- just have never worn this before." She said showing a light smile.

"Well now you are." I reply back laughing.

"Oh shut up Draco Malfoy." She says laughing.

I dim the lights to where the only light in the room is the moon beaming through the windows of Hogwarts. I grab her hand and run her over to the window.

"See isn't the view gorgeous at night?" I ask.

"Yea, it really is, you have it nice up here." She says smiling.

       I slide my fingers between hers and I smirk tightly, swallowing hard. She swings her self around wrapping her other arm around my waist. Her head is resting on my chest. As a fourteen year old, I hope this is what I feel for eternity, because if so I'll be honestly complete. We stand there for a while longer, until I move with her to my bed. I tuck her in, and then I go back to my desk and open my diary to write;

       As a fourteen year old boy, I'm not sure you can say many things about love. Just slowly growing up, not yet exploring the world yet, still trapped in the dimensions of school, and a future career. Many would tell you there isn't time for love, or you won't find love until later. But when is later? Sometimes later becomes too late, or never. And I'm not waiting on never. Keep me with Alexandria forever. Please. 

I close my diary looking back at Alexandria as she's fast asleep in my wardrobe. I don't bother going under the covers but sleep by her legs and feet. 

Breakfast----

      I walk down to the Great Hall where breakfast is served for everyone who attended the Yule Ball last night. It's Christmas. I see Cedric walk in half awake telling Alexandria good morning but she just ignores his words. Behind him, her brother, Tom. I immediately feel a pain in my stomach. He rushes over to her in anger.

"Where were you last night Alexandria? Why not with Cedric?" He says in an angered tone, as I try to ignore him.

"Not with Cedric, he was making out with another girl." She says.

"Listen don't lie to me and tell me that bullshit. I don't care, that he did shit or that you both are fourteen, our parents are living up to the fact you and Cedric will end up together. So own up to it, grow up, and start loving him, because in ten years, you'll be his wife, Alexandria." He says  mumbling to her.

It makes my heart drop, she wasn't kidding. Her parents are arranging a marriage with her and Cedric. She's fourteen let her live her life not thinking about ten years from now.

"I hope you weren't with Malfoy last night, it wouldn't end well for him if you were." He says scrunching his face.

"I wasn't I was in the guest dorms. Calm down." She says.

"No, we're leaving, and we're leaving now. No excuses." Tom says rolling his eyes at me.

"Can I say good bye, too Draco, at least." She asks holding the spoon from her cereal.

"No. You're going now. Along with Cedric." Tom laughs, as he grabs her wrist and calling Cedric over.

She looks back, with an invisible tear pouring down her face, I fall in deep depression again. He just took her.

Harry's POV----

       Hermione looks over at what just happened as Tom ripped Alexandria out of her seat. Draco looking heartbroken. Not being able to say good bye. He stood up, and walked towards the direction of the bathroom. We three, followed his shattered heart. He weeps and cries entering the bathroom.

"Draco? We saw what happened, it will be alright." Hermione says.

"Don't you all understand, is it not clear to you. I won't ever be with her. Her family wants her with Cedric." Draco yells back.

"Draco you're fourteen." I respond.

"So what Potter, I'm fourteen. My heart has been through my more, and its definitely twenty now. Potter, I love her. Maybe those words sound foolish to your fourteen year old ass, same as you Weasley, immature as it is, you're laughing at me." He cries more.

"Because you're fourteen, love doesn't exist at that age." Ron says laughing.

Malfoy turns around and exits the bathroom running another direction, too somewhere we just cant catch him anymore. 

       Maybe Malfoy does love her, and maybe Tom is protecting her too much. But I know there's something going on, something suspicious. Not about love, but between the death eaters among us.