babysitting | hinata shoyo

it's a boring friday evening, around 6pm. as you're scrolling on your phone, it rings, startling you.

the contact name reads "my love," more commonly known as your energetic boyfriend, hinata shoyo.

"y/n, y/n!" hinata exclaims through the phone's speaker. "hi~"

"hi, shoyo! what's up?"

"um.. so my parents went out for dinner and i have to watch natsu.. can you please come over?" he begs, natsu babbling incoherent words in the background.

"oh- sure! when do you want me to come?" you question.

"now.. i can't control her!"

your eyebrows raise. "okay, i'll be there in a few."

hinata lets out a sigh of relief. "stay safe!" he says before hanging up.

thankfully, you live right down the street from hinata, so you didn't mind taking the short walk.

━━━━

after walking up the pathway to his house, the door opens to hinata, an ear to ear grin forming on his face. "y/n-chan!" he pulls you inside, embracing you with a tight hug and a few kisses on your cheeks as a familiar younger girl runs up to you.

"y/n, y/n!" natsu exclaims, latching into your leg. you giggle, smiling down at her.

"it's been a while, natsu!" you run your fingers through her ginger locks. she gets up from the floor, grabbing hold of your wrist and attempting to pull you over to the living room.

"c'mon, cmon, c'mon!"

she succeeds in doing so, dragging you over to the living room room with hinata following close behind.

she lets go of your wrist as you reach the living room, now grabbing hinata's and bringing him over to the tv stand.

"let's play a game!" she suggests, implying for hinata to turn in the gaming console they own. he does as she requests, turning on the nintendo switch and loading up just dance.

━━━━

after a few hours of play and snacks, hinata starts, "natsu, it's time for bed!" he goes over to the tv, shutting it off along with the console.

"but, sho-chan! it's friday.. and y/n just got here only a few hours ago-!" natsu rubs her eyes, crossing her arms after and huffing.

"but, natsu! you still have a bedtime.." he mimics.

"y/n-chan, can you convince sho-chan?" natsu looks up to you with puppy dog eyes, a pout on her lips. you bend down on your knees to natsu's height.

"how about this? you and.. sho-chan play a game of tag, whoever wins decides!"

"y-y/n, that's a b-" hinata starts.

"great idea, i'm not it though!" natsu runs off, heading down the hallway and up the stairs, hinata's jaw dropping.

"get going!" you shoo hinata away, sitting down on the couch. he blinks a few times to comprehend before closing his agape mouth and speed walking off to find and tag natsu.

you can hear the tiny footsteps of natsu from downstairs, as well as stuff being knocked over. those footsteps trail off, now coming down the stairs. natsu excessively giggles as hinata tries his best to catch up to her, following her down the stairs.

as they make it back to the living room, he chases her around the couch too many times to count.

hinata eventually tags natsu, panting as he leans over the back of the couch.

"that's not fair, i don't wanna go to sleep.." natsu comes around from the back of the couch, flopping down on it, out of breath. she almost immediately falls asleep as her head hits the cushion.

"did you plan that?" hinata questions between lengthy breaths.

"not necessarily.. tag takes a lot of energy, especially when you're tired."

hinata shrugs in compliance, carefully picking up natsu. "can you.. come with me?"

you nod, getting up from the couch and heading up the stairs with him.

arriving to natsu's room, hinata sets her down on her bed, pulling the covers up to her shoulders.

"goodnight, natsu.." he moves her hair out of the way, leaving her with a quick kiss on her forehead.